Adjusting Keyboard Layout Helios 300

ZachM
ZachM Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2021 in Predator Laptops
How do I adjust the keyboard layout on a Helios 300? I need to change certain keys to function as multimedia. Having to press Fn to change the volume, pause/play, and skip/previous songs is a serious problem. The keys are also too far apart. I won't bother asking why volume controls are on arrows while the others are way above the number pad.

Ideally I can disable F keys and have all multimedia keys on F1-F6. Mute, volume down, volume up, previous song, pause/play, and skip all in a row on F keys is ideal. If anyone has any ideas how to accomplish this that would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Have you checked if there is an option called function key behavior in the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ZachM
    Thank you for the response. Unfortunately, that did not work. It does "disable" F keys so now Fn controls the actual F key functions. The problem is the volume up and down buttons are on the arrows buttons. Pause/play, skip, and previous are above the number pad.

This is quite frankly the worst layout I've ever seen. Seriously considering returning what's otherwise a great laptop. This is just the most non-sensical laptop keyboard I have seen or used in my life. Such a poorly thought out layout.

When I'm in the middle of a game or work why on earth do I need to move 2 hands to the keyboard to skip a song, pause it, etc??? It's so ridiculous and extremely frustrating.

Anyways, I need to actually change the function of certain keys to accomplish what I need. In other words, I need to somehow force F1-F6 to function as multimedia keys. The current multimedia keys are just spread all over the place
  • ZachM
    Update: I got it to work using autohotkey. Was just hoping this laptop had some easier built-in key remapping features similar to Razer and some others. AHK still isn't an ideal solution, so if anyone has any idea how to remap F1-F6 to multimedia without AHK then that's much appreciated. Thanks
  • I also think Acer should add this feature to Predator Sense!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Nolav
    Nolav Member Posts: 1 New User

Having the same issue. I have a disabled hand and have had to adapt to so much change on how i interact with the laptop just because there is no way to change the Fn button closer..