Acer Nitro 7 Fan Issue

vokuros
vokuros Member Posts: 3 New User
Good afternoon,

So I’m not the smartest person when it comes to these things.  I purchased an Acer Nitro 7 a couple months back and things have been running smooth on it.  I’ve played LOL, GTA V, and other games with no issues.  But recently, I noticed one of the fans making this weird cracking sound whenever things required more from the laptop.  It’s only been about a week and now the fan just goes berserk, sounding like the fan itself is hitting the surrounding plastic.  I’m not sure if it’s because of overheating or what.  I followed a tutorial on how to clean the fan (Acer Nitro 5 tutorial because I cant find anything to do with the 7) and cleaned everything. (Air compressor, using a thin cotton swab for dust, the area around the fan).

I noticed that one of the fans doesn’t spin as smoothly as the other.  On the Nitrosense fan application that shows speeds and temperatures, it’s always the CPU fan (one on the right) that’s on crack but the GPU fan (left) spins with ease.  Can someone help me out?  Even if it’s hopeless please show me where I can get another fan? 

And also, if there’s other Nitro 7 tutorials/guides could someone direct me to them? The “quick manual” I have doesn’t really do anything besides tell me where the shift keys are.  Thank you so much! I apologize if this was difficult to read.

Answers