Acer Nitro 5 question about power supply Do I need to be concerned about using the N5 heavily while

MichelKesin
MichelKesin Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2022 in Nitro Gaming

So I recently got a Nitro 5 for college. I was wondering if using the laptop while it’s charging draws power from the battery or if it uses AC power exclusively as long as it detects it’s plugged in. My old laptop took power from my battery which killed the health and resulted in me disconnecting the battery to play games. Do I need to be concerned about using the N5 heavily while it’s charging?

[Edited the thread to add the issue detail]

Best Answer

• MichelKesin
    Answer ✓

So I recently got a Nitro 5 for college. I was wondering if using the laptop while it’s charging draws power from the battery or if it uses AC power exclusively as long as it detects it’s plugged in. My old laptop took power from my battery which killed the health and resulted in me disconnecting the battery to play games. Do I need to be concerned about using the N5 heavily while it’s charging?routerlogin

issue got solved

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    It pulls from AC when possible, but dips into the battery to add extra juice when needed
  • MichelKesin
    Answer ✓

So I recently got a Nitro 5 for college. I was wondering if using the laptop while it’s charging draws power from the battery or if it uses AC power exclusively as long as it detects it’s plugged in. My old laptop took power from my battery which killed the health and resulted in me disconnecting the battery to play games. Do I need to be concerned about using the N5 heavily while it’s charging?routerlogin

issue got solved
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi MichelKesin,

Good to know thanks for your information. It will be useful for many people. 

• routerlogin7
    routerlogin7 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2021
    really great post

• cpeextenderlogin
    cpeextenderlogin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello MichelKesin
    Good to know about it. Very helpful information for us.
    Thanku so much.  For more details: tp link extender setup
  • zeno22
    zeno22 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Always plug it in and utilise it. When I checked it myself, I discovered that when it is continually plugged in, the wear level is lower. Enjoy.
  • davidjack2344
    davidjack2344 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thank u so much for sharing this sites great job i like it.. :)  mac optimizer 
  • Rahul_Mark
    Rahul_Mark Member Posts: 1 New User

There are a few things to check if your Nitro 5 power supply is acting up.

First, make sure the cable is securely plugged into the computer. If it's loose, you may have an issue with the connection.

Second, try removing the battery and plugging in the power supply directly to the computer. If this doesn't work, consider replacing the battery or trying another battery if you have one available.

If none of these solutions help, it's possible that your power supply has died altogether.