Switch 5 sw512-52p power on but black screen

Kayakbeth
Kayakbeth Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2021 in Switch Series
My battery on my Acer Switch 5 went dead last night while I was on it, and so I plugged it in to charge.  This morning, the power button is lit up, but I have a black screen. The blue light on the side remains on, indicating that it is still on. Pressing down the power button does not lead to any changes; also it didn't do anything if I pressed it in combination with the volume button up or volume button down.
HELP

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Disconnect the power then press and hold the power button until the blue goes out. That should be in forced shutdown mode then. Plug power back in and wait for an hour or two so it has a chance to charge if it can. Then try turning it back on.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Fredometeo
    Fredometeo Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    If not works , what we can do ?
    same issue with my switch 5
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Fredometeo,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
  • Fredometeo
    yes 
    So,since my last message i went to acer office  to see technician .he take my tablet go at the back office and 1 min later said to me that my tablet works.....and yes just push on button and works.....ok perfect happy.so 4 days later ,same issue. just wonder now if my ugreen 9 in one usb c hub don t interfere  .... all the time i insert hdmi cable to u green  to get second screen that happen 
  • Easwar
    Hi @Fredometeo,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• Fredometeo
    edited October 2021
    acer switch 5,i5 7200u ,8gb ,256 gb ssd
  • billsey
    Your model number will be something like SW5xx-xxx-xxxx. There are probably hundreds of different models that meet those specs.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Fredometeo
    model
    sw512-52p
  • Easwar
    Hi @Fredometeo,

Did you try to reset the system.
  • Fredometeo
    yes and still not works 
  • Fredometeo
    and a i put my tablet to acer ,tech say is lcd..
  • Fredometeo
    ask me 350 $ or 14000 baht to change it ....

• billsey
    That is about the correct price for a replacement display. :(
  • Fredometeo
    I will do myself ,like i ve done for my ipad
  • Fredometeo
    So ,i get back my acer ,tech said screen is u/s,test it...bla bla bla ok so don t want to pay 14000 baht to replace it ,i went to office repaire to get it,come back at my house. so ,open my tablet just to be sure.....and screen works !!!!!!! (after two times same problem ,i think  when tech replace lcd screen some nap wasn t set correctly
    now again lose my lcd screen ....????
  • Fredometeo
    so this morning ,screen works ,let open all the day without any prob....
  • Fredometeo
    edited October 2021
    still works after 3 days.....
    wtf acer tech

• Fredometeo
    So this morning move my tablet (plug out ),move to another table works ok and after one hour move back .....and black screen (still works with monitor hdmi )
  • billsey
    That's a weird one! How would the table you place it on make a difference? Is it maybe that the display works when running on battery but not with the power plugged in?
  • Fredometeo
    yes ,it s weird  but when i have put my tablet at acer repair shop ,i ask to se if this tablet have had repaired ,so i cheked and yes ,former owner change one time screen (broken  scratch) .so i just wonder if technician corectly connect different nap ???