Acer Aplha 12 doesn't turn on. Black screen and blue light constantly on power button

radunemerenco
radunemerenco Member Posts: 1 New User
A few days ago I noticed my tablet doesn't turn on. I didn't use it for a couple of weeks and I don't really remember what was it's state before putting it on the safe place.

The screen is completely black, no Acer logo showing up. The power button is constantly blue.

I tried multiple suggestions ok this forum.
1. "Hold the power button until it turns off (black)" - it didn't turn black even after 5 minutes of holding it pressed.
2. "Let the tablet with the blue light for a few days to drain the battery." - that was the only option I could actually somehow change the power button state, obviously. After 3-4 days it turned off completely. I plugged the cable and the button turned red (seems like charging). After 2-3 minutes I pressed the Power button, then it turned back blue and here we go again. The same problem. Nothing actually changed.
3. The I left the battery to drain back after a couple of minutes, plugged back the cable and tried pressing Power button + volume up - didn't work.
4. Repeated #3 but with the volume down - also didn't work.
5. I tried also using a Logi wireless keyboard with the USB dongle and press Delete, F11, F12 keys (to get into BIOS). Nothing worked.

So, all of these possible solutions didn't work.

I'm thinking to get my screwdriver on it (I have experience with my older phones so, no issues ok this part. Also there are some YouTube videos and a few recommendations from other users in this forum how to open it without breaking the screen).
I'm thinking to reset the BIOS settings how you normally do on a PC motherboard, but I still don't know how can it be done on this device.

Can someone help me please with some advice for this problem. I have an important document on it and I don't want to get off the SSD and throw away the rest.

Acer Switch Alpha 12, i5 processor.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi radunemerenco,

Try to do power drain,

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug the charger. 
    3. At the bottom there will be a tiny pin hole with battery sign close to it take a pin or paper clip and insert into it hold that button for 20-30 seconds. Then turn ON the unit and check.

• Fredometeo
    Fredometeo Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    hello,
    i have the same issue with my acer switch 5,black screen,led blue,before i have a cable to second screen was ok but now nothing
    any idea ?
    easwar,are you sur you speak about the same device ? no pin hole 
    thanks for you help

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    The Switch 5 is a different machine than the Switch Alpha 12. Please start a new thread with your issue. Include the full model number (SW5xx-xxx-xxxx), what's happening and what you have tried so far.
    And you are correct. Neither the SA12 or the SW5 have the battery reset button...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru