ram and graphics card upgrades - Acer Aspire XC-1660g uw 92

Pjosh9947
Pjosh9947 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I have the acer aspire D17E6 is the model number. im looking to upgrade the ram and graphics card. what is the most ram my system can use? also, could u please give me an idea of what kind of graphics card i should use without emptying my life savings. i use this computer pretty much just for gaming.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    OK, with the Aspire XC-1660G it uses DDR4 2933 MHz SDRAM, with sticks up to 32GB each, for a maximum of 64GB. PC4-23400 is the correct type for 2933MT/s. Stay away from the XMP style memory, that is usually rated 2133MHz or lower when used in a non-overclocked environment.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru

acer aspire D17E6 is it a right model.no because it is not listed in the acer website

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/models/desktops
  • billsey
    I believe the D17E6 SKU is associated with either a XC-895 or XC-1660G. @Pjosh9947, could you look on the stickers to see which it is? The specs aren't quite the same between them and it's possible yours is a different model altogether, since those 'model numbers' aren't unique. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Pjosh9947
    Pjosh9947 Member Posts: 4 New User
    It's a Acer Aspire XC-1660g uw 92
    Sorry
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    OK, with the Aspire XC-1660G it uses DDR4 2933 MHz SDRAM, with sticks up to 32GB each, for a maximum of 64GB. PC4-23400 is the correct type for 2933MT/s. Stay away from the XMP style memory, that is usually rated 2133MHz or lower when used in a non-overclocked environment.
  • G_Larry
    G_Larry Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

On the Acer store site, the max is 32GB. Which is right?

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/DT.BH7AA.001

• billsey
    OK, so the SG is a little confusing. They show memory stats in two places. First in the section where features are listed and then again in the specifications tables:
    So Features say 64GB max using two 32GB DIMMs, Specs say 32GB using two 16GB DIMMs. My guess is that two 32GB sticks will work, but to be safe either make sure they are easily returnable or go with two 16GB sticks.