Random black screen while gaming on Predator PO3-630

Wrathchild68
Wrathchild68 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Just recently I have been getting a random black screen while gaming which lasts for about a second, doesn't happen all the time though. I have searched all over the internet to find a solution and have tried all different kinds of fixes for it, 2 new HDMI cables, different drivers for graphics card, under volting the card using MSI Afterburner, different power options in windows. I am currently running  the resolution at the recommended settings for my display (55" Samsung TV) which are 3840/2160. This is starting to drive me mad because it did it a few weeks ago then stopped but over the last couple of days it's come back again.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this because I have now run out of ideas.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Wrathchild68

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    All sorted now. I bought a decent 2.1 HDMI cable and have been running it for couple of days at 120hz in 4K and no signal loss.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Wrathchild68,

Did you check this monitor with different system.
  • Wrathchild68

Tinkerer

edited September 2021
    I think I may have found the problem. I had turned on 120HZ in windows settings and in games that supported it but I only have an HDMI 2.0 cable which according to the manufacturer will not run 4K at 120HZ, will only run at 60HZ. I need a 2.1 cable. I am guessing that's why it was doing this in certain games.
  • Wrathchild68

Tinkerer

Edit: Changed some of my games to run at 60hz and it did it again although it's not as bad as before. I have run this monitor on my old desktop with no problems.

Would dropping the resolution down slightly help?
  • Easwar
    Wrathchild68,

Edit: Changed some of my games to run at 60hz and it did it again although it's not as bad as before. I have run this monitor on my old desktop with no problems.

Would dropping the resolution down slightly help?

It may hepl you. "dropping the resolution down" there will be some change in FPS.
  • Wrathchild68

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    All sorted now. I bought a decent 2.1 HDMI cable and have been running it for couple of days at 120hz in 4K and no signal loss.
  • Easwar
    Wrathchild68,

Good to know thanks for your information. It will be useful for many people.