ACER SB220Q - Connects to computer, input recognized, but no display or LD indicator

LauraTHX
LauraTHX Member Posts: 4 New User
I have an Acer SB220Q for work, and it worked perfectly for a while. Now it doesn't show anything on the display - no loading screen either.

When I connect the power cable, the LED indicator on the cable block is green, and the HDMI cable seems to be working as the computer recognizes there is a second screen, and operates as if it's in use (my mouse disappears onto it and it shows up as the second screen in my display settings). It even recognizes when I connect and disconnect it, although the power button on the monitor seems to do nothing.
HOWEVER, the LED indicator on the monitor does not light up at all, and the screen is completely black - no loading screen, no nothing, nothing to edit. I have tried disconnecting the power cord and holding down the power button for 60 seconds, no dice. I've tried restarting the computer with the monitor already plugged in. There is also no pinhole reset button that I can find. Is this a lost cause or can I save it?

Answers

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @LauraTHX
    Unplug the computer from the power ,and hold in the power button 20 seconds . Then when we plug it back in, the computer works again.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @LauraTHX,

Are you connecting with Xbox or apple systems ?
  • LauraTHX
    @Easwar , thank you. I tried the power button suggestion a couple times and it did not work. And I'm connecting with a Surface Pro 6, which can connect to my other second screen with no problems.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    When you have the monitor disconnected from everything except power, then turn it on, do you get the Acer splash screen as it boots up?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • LauraTHX
    billsey said:
    When you have the monitor disconnected from everything except power, then turn it on, do you get the Acer splash screen as it boots up?
    Nope, I don't get any display showing up on the actual screen at all. I only see a "preview" screen when I see the double-monitor settings on the Surface.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    That sounds like the monitor isn't working then. It should display the splash screen if the screen is working. Are you still in warranty? If so now would be the time to contact Acer support to get a ticket started.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • LauraTHX
    billsey said:
    That sounds like the monitor isn't working then. It should display the splash screen if the screen is working. Are you still in warranty? If so now would be the time to contact Acer support to get a ticket started.
    Unfortunately I think we're way out of warranty. That's too bad. Thanks for your help!