Recovery USB not recognized Acer TC-885

Smarquantte
Smarquantte Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
We had a computer in the office go out as it was an older PC where the fan could not be replaced without replacing the mother board.  We cloned that HD to be put in the Acer desktop, however some of the same issues that were present on the old computer, also transfered to the Acer.  I ordered a new Windows recovery USB in hopes of wiping the HD and reinstalling via the recovery drive, but when switching the BIOS boot order to ignore the HD and boot from the USB, it is not recognized.  Any suggestions?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @Smarquantte
    Could you please tell me full modern name of your device 
  • Smarquantte
    Hi @Smarquantte
    Could you please tell me full modern name of your device 
    Acer TC-885
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,426 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Did you do a F12 or FN + F12 when booting.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Is there a chance the recovery image you received is for a slightly different model? Go into the BIOS and verify a couple of things, first that the F12 Boot Menu is enabled, then that Secure Boot is disabled. Next put the recovery flash drive into a USB port and reboot using F12 (or Fn-F12 if your keys are set for media instead of function). Take a picture of the boot menu screen and show it to us...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Smarquantte

Why are you trying to clone a HDD to be used for the Acer TC-885 from the beginning? We are talking about different hardware here.

I suppose the Acer Tc-885 came with its Win 10 and was a working computer before you made such drastic change to it.

My suggestion is to revert the Acer TC-885 to its working condition first. 

Reboot the Acer TC-885 a few times.

Install programs again to this TC-885

Connect the HDD( I suppose the older PC doesn't have NVME SSD) from the PC having fan problem to this working TC-885, this should become an extra drive

Copy the data from the old HDD to the Acer TC-885 SSD/HDD or to another external HDD/SSD as backup

• Does the same problem occur when connecting ERECOVERY to another usb port?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Larryodie
    edited September 2021
    I think that a ALT tap F10 or (FN) +ALT then tap F10 will do the same as the recovery disk. If you still have the OEM TC-895 SSD drive as the recovery should be embedded on it. 
  • Smarquantte
    Took the computer in to a local computer store to have the hard drive reset and windows installed.  Turned out the hard drive was failing and was replaced with a clean install of windows.  it should ok for now once I pick it up 
  • Larryodie
    edited September 2021
    Correction TC-885 instead of TC-895. Both should had came with 512 SSB but the TC-895 didn't have NVME SSD but hold (ALT and tap F10) or Hold (ALT +FN and tap F10) should get the factory back up Win 10. Then add your data files.