Battery issue Aspire 3 A315-53G-5926L

nanduanil2001
nanduanil2001 Member Posts: 11 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Today I bought a new GIGABYTE 512 GB M.2 NVMe ssd and put in my Acer Aspire 3 A315-53G-5926L but after that the battery went dead. Is this a problem with ssd? Or is it due to some other reason?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Did you plug the battery connector back into the mainboard after putting in the NVME card?

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    With the laptop shut off and the charger plugged in, is the battery charge LED orange, blue, blinking or unlit?

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi @nanduanil2001,

Try to do power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds. ​

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>its show only the orange color. and always the battery percentage is 0% . and i wait more time but nothing changed >>>

(1) Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup.

(2) Then shut down Windows normally.

(3) Then wait for the battery charge LED to change from steady orange to steady blue. This may take up to 8 hours if the battery was allowed to drain below the critical 5% charge level.

(4) If battery charge LED still remains steady orange after 8 hours, remove the NVME card and see if the battery returns to normal.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Is the machine still off and the battery charge light still steady orange?

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Why did you remove the charger plug if it was still orange?

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Did you plug the battery connector back into the mainboard after putting in the NVME card?

Jack E/NJ

• nanduanil2001
    Yes definitely
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    With the laptop shut off and the charger plugged in, is the battery charge LED orange, blue, blinking or unlit?

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi @nanduanil2001,

Try to do power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds. ​

• nanduanil2001
    its show only the orange color. and always the battery percentage is 0% . and i wait more time but nothing changed
  • nanduanil2001
    You told me about this hole
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>its show only the orange color. and always the battery percentage is 0% . and i wait more time but nothing changed >>>

(1) Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup.

(2) Then shut down Windows normally.

(3) Then wait for the battery charge LED to change from steady orange to steady blue. This may take up to 8 hours if the battery was allowed to drain below the critical 5% charge level.

(4) If battery charge LED still remains steady orange after 8 hours, remove the NVME card and see if the battery returns to normal.

Jack E/NJ

• nanduanil2001
    I check that .i remove the ssd and put it into the charging mode but it still 0% percentage. 
  • JackE
    How do you know it's 0% if the machine is turned off?

Jack E/NJ

• nanduanil2001
    No ,not that i only check the battery percentage after remove the ssd .  It still same .
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Is the machine still off and the battery charge light still steady orange?

Jack E/NJ

• nanduanil2001
    Yes ,its still orange , after the charging plug removing suddenly the oran
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Why did you remove the charger plug if it was still orange?

Jack E/NJ

• nanduanil2001
    I charge my laptop above 8 hours but it still have the same problem.
  • JackE
    Remove the GIGABYTE 512 GB M.2 NVMe ssd. Then see if the battery charge LED turns blue.

Jack E/NJ