Mixing 4gb RAM 2400 Mhz and 8gb RAM 2666 Mhz Swift 3 SF314-54-59T5

JYJY
JYJY Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited September 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
Acer Swift 3 SF314-54-59T5

Planning to upgrade the laptop RAM.
Original RAM is in 2400 Mhz so it is ok if I top up with 8gb RAM 2666 Mhz?
Are they mixable?

Thank you.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You can put an additional 4GB or 8GB in the socket, either 2400 or 2666. Either way it will run at the speed of the slowest memory on the system. They came with either 4GB or 8GB on the motherboard, and the slot that allows for 12GB or 16GB in total.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    edited September 2021
    @JYJY

I recommend you to use the same speed...   You can still use it but it will work at slowest ram speed.   So if you mix 2400 mhz will 2666 mhz both will work at the 2400 mhz speed. 

Please refer the link

https://www.crucial.com/blog/memory/mix-and-match-dram

Kindly go through the details given below.   The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website  given below .  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .   Please chose the options and try it.   It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• JYJY
    JYJY Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Thanks for your advice :)
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    edited September 2021
    JYJY,

You can upgrade your Acer Swift 3 SF314-54 Laptop to up to a maximum memory capacity of 12GB Memory.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You can put an additional 4GB or 8GB in the socket, either 2400 or 2666. Either way it will run at the speed of the slowest memory on the system. They came with either 4GB or 8GB on the motherboard, and the slot that allows for 12GB or 16GB in total.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.