Computer will not boot with dual monitors

I have an Acer Aspire desktop with two monitors. The first is a samsung tv connected via HDMI, and the second is a Dell monitor connected via VGA. If I turn the computer on with both monitors plugged in the system will not boot. If I disconnect the VGA monitor and start, the system boots normally. Once booted I can plug the VGA back in and everything works perfectly. Does anyone know of a fix so I don't have to unplug my second monitor every time I turn the computer on?
I am running an Intel 4600 graphics card, I have all the latest software and drivers download, I looked in the BIOS and there is no advanced setting for monitors. I have the monitors extended through the (display/screen resolution) tab. 

Thanks in advance

Answers

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @Mike123456
    Could you please tell me modern name of unit 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    I wonder if you have some sort of a power/ground loop happening with he monitor cables. When you are in failure mode what actually happens with the computer? Do you see the Acer splash screen before it fails? Do you hear any diagnostic beeps? Does it work with the VGA monitor connected and the HDMI disconnected? It would be a lot easier to try and figure out if we knew which computer you had. There have been literally thousands of different Aspire models.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • shreyakith
    shreyakith Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I'd like to verify some information regarding the problem that you've encountered when using dual monitors. Has it worked before? If yes, what changes have you made on your computer or updates installed prior to the issue?

Since your computer won't boot when the two monitors are connected, kindly disconnect the non-working monitor, then reboot your PC. Once up, press the Windows key + P and see if it's set to PC screen only. If it's already on the PC screen only, then reconnect the second monitor, press the Windows key + P again, and this time, set it to Extend.

Please check if you can now boot with the two monitors connected.

Hope this will help you.