Chromebook spin 713 boot issue Acer Recertified Chromebook 713 with 11th generation I5 processor and

Gooner71014
Gooner71014 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2022 in Chromebooks
Today my laptop automatically turned itself off (I think it overheated but not sure) and now when I switch it on nothing happens apart from the fan turns on for a couple of seconds and the power button flashes when I turn it on.

The laptop is charged btw.

Please help 🙃

( Edited the title to add the model name )

Answers

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @Gooner71014
    If its Chromebook then.
    1.Hardware reset is refresh and power button.  Sometimes power button can be on side of the computer also.
    2.Software reset is esc refresh and power. For power wash.
    See the source image
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Which Spin 713 model is it? It should be something like CP713-xxx-xxxx.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Gooner71014,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
  • fresparuspo
    fresparuspo Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just got a an Acer Recertified Chromebook 713 with 11th generation I5 processor and 256 GB SSD. I charged it until the light turned blue but it doesn't turn on. I received it today "recertified". This is the second one I bought although the first had the 10th generation I5 processor and 128GB SSD. That works fine. I gave it to my wife. Never had a problem. This one won't turn on!!
  • billsey
    @fresparuspo it sounds like you might have gotten a bad one, just swap it out with the vendor. If you run into an issue like this in the future it's always better to start a new thread for your question instead of camping on an old one. This one is only around a year old, but most people will skip the old threads when reading the forums.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DemonicDragon
    DemonicDragon Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a similar issue with my new acer chromebook spin 713.It should be charged but the screen remains black and the charging indicator light doesn’t turn on at all.

• billsey

And the response is the same. Try not to camp out on old threads, most users don't bother to read them if they are a year or more old. Start a new thread with the Ask a Question button, include your full model number (there have been hundreds of different 713 models, you model number is likely on the same sticker as your serial number and looks something like CB713-xxx-xxxx) what your question or issue is and what you have tried so far. We can usually help you from there...

• Chrissy2022
    Chrissy2022 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an acer spin 713 13.5 chrome book i5 that is 16 months old and the screen is black the computer is lit up and can connect via cable to monitor which works fine it’s just the chrome book screen which has stopped working have tried reboot but doesn’t work

• billsey

And the response is the same. Try not to camp out on old threads, most users don't bother to read them if they are a year or more old. Start a new thread with the Ask a Question button, include your full model number (there have been hundreds of different 713 models, your model number is likely on the same sticker as your serial number and looks something like CB713-xxx-xxxx), what your question or issue is and what you have tried so far. We can usually help you from there...