How to re-install my dts:x ultra nitro 5 AN515-55

System
System Member Posts: 4,518 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: How to re-install my dts:x ultra nitro 5 AN515-55.

Comments

• Simo998
    Simo998 Member Posts: 35 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    i have exactly same problem  . I got my Acer nitro 5 AN5 15-55 yesterday and I am so disappointed. The touchpad was jitrery erratic snd and the sound really sucks so tinny and no depth at all. So. I updated the audio driver and no sound. Now I see this forum says to roll back the driver. and now I dont know how to install DTS x.
     Acer Nitro 5 AN5-15-55, 16Gb RAM, i7 10750H, GTX1650Ti , 2x nvme drives + 1tb SATA SDD, dual boot 2xdrives Ubuntu 20.10 and Windows 10
  • Simo998
    Simo998 Member Posts: 35 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Siopao12 said:
    I accidentally uninstalled my dts:x ultra to my nitro 5 AN515-55, I cant find anything installer on it. Please help
    I just did iit. You need to open MS store. Make sure you are logged into MS Store. Then search DTS x Ultra. Click Buy. And you will see it is cost 0. Install for free then. The Store shiuld recognise your Nitro 5.  

Acer Nitro 5 AN5-15-55, 16Gb RAM, i7 10750H, GTX1650Ti , 2x nvme drives + 1tb SATA SDD, dual boot 2xdrives Ubuntu 20.10 and Windows 10
  • oziozi12
    oziozi12 Member Posts: 11 Troubleshooter
    After struggling a month for this problem. I am coming with a solution will %99 work for everyone.

It's all about outdated "Dtsapo4service.exe" and "dtscnt64.dll". DTS:X uses these services in order to be working. You can see error reports in Windows Event Viewer.

1) Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware Portable - Free and Full Download

2) Uninstall Realtek Audio driver and remove all leftover files and registries.

3) Uninstall DTS:X Ultra and DTS Sound Unbound from Windows Apps tab. (Remove all leftovers too)

4) Reboot and do a windows update. Allow Windows to detect and install Realtek driver itself. "DON'T" install the Realtek driver in Acer Support.

5) Reboot.

6) Download the Realtek Driver from Acer Support page and "DON'T INSTALL". Just extract the files to a folder.

7) Go to "(Extracted Folder)\Win64\Thirdparty\20200210(This might be different)"

8) You'll see folders named like "DTSXULTRA" and "DTS4APO", right click the ".inf" files inside of these folders and press "Install".

9) Reboot after installing all ".inf" files.

10) Download the "Latest" DTS drivers in Acer Support page and install them with using "Setup_APP.cmd" inside the drivers.

AND THIS IS WHERE EVERYBODY GOT STUCK. DTS:X WILL NOT WORK AGAIN UNTIL YOU DO THE STEPS BELOW.
    After researching so much hours, I have found the most up-to-date "Dtsapo4service.exe " and it's ".dll"'s

11) Head over to DTS other devices drivers download for Windows (32/64bit) (drvhub.net)

12) Press "Download Driver" inside of "DTS APO4x" and "DTS APO4x Service"

13) After downloading both drivers, right click the ".inf" files in both of the drivers and install.

14) Reboot and thank me.

:)

• vinni_dca
    vinni_dca Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

oziozi12 said:
    After struggling a month for this problem. I am coming with a solution will %99 work for everyone.

It's all about outdated "Dtsapo4service.exe" and "dtscnt64.dll". DTS:X uses these services in order to be working. You can see error reports in Windows Event Viewer.

1) Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware Portable - Free and Full Download

2) Uninstall Realtek Audio driver and remove all leftover files and registries.

3) Uninstall DTS:X Ultra and DTS Sound Unbound from Windows Apps tab. (Remove all leftovers too)

4) Reboot and do a windows update. Allow Windows to detect and install Realtek driver itself. "DON'T" install the Realtek driver in Acer Support.

5) Reboot.

6) Download the Realtek Driver from Acer Support page and "DON'T INSTALL". Just extract the files to a folder.

7) Go to "(Extracted Folder)\Win64\Thirdparty\20200210(This might be different)"

8) You'll see folders named like "DTSXULTRA" and "DTS4APO", right click the ".inf" files inside of these folders and press "Install".

9) Reboot after installing all ".inf" files.

10) Download the "Latest" DTS drivers in Acer Support page and install them with using "Setup_APP.cmd" inside the drivers.

AND THIS IS WHERE EVERYBODY GOT STUCK. DTS:X WILL NOT WORK AGAIN UNTIL YOU DO THE STEPS BELOW.
    After researching so much hours, I have found the most up-to-date "Dtsapo4service.exe " and it's ".dll"'s

11) Head over to DTS other devices drivers download for Windows (32/64bit) (drvhub.net)

12) Press "Download Driver" inside of "DTS APO4x" and "DTS APO4x Service"

13) After downloading both drivers, right click the ".inf" files in both of the drivers and install.

14) Reboot and thank me.

:)

there's no "DTS APO4x" driver there
  • vinni_dca
    vinni_dca Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I managed to solve it in another way. I managed to install licensed DTS sound unbound and dts:x ultra

it has many steps, but I'll leave it very detailed so there's no mistake. it's a simple process.

1. go to acer website and install realtek audio driver (don't delete the folder later, you will need it)

2. after installation go back to the acer website and install the zip files: DTS Utility (DTS Console) and DTS Utility (Sound) and extract

3. open DTS Sound and run "Setup_APP", then open DTS Console and run "Setup_APP" as well, and restart your computer. Now DTS Sound Unbound is installed and licensed, and by right clicking on volume you can see DTS in spatial sound, but still can't access the DTS:x Ultra application

4. In the DTS Sound folder, install all APPX files (such as net framework). if the computer indicates that a more current version is already installed, cancel and use the most current version. The file "d9e40f5ee2e34ae4bf727c73a546640d" will not be installed, it is already the DTS:x Ultra, but it will say that a driver is missing (error 0x80073cfd), let's install it now. (don't close this folder yet)

5. In the Realtek folder go to Win64>ThirdParty and click on "Install_DTSAPO4x_Acer_DTSX_Ultra". Try installing the file "d9e40f5ee2e34ae4bf727c73a546640d" from the DPS Sound folder. If installing, it may open that DTS:x Ultra is working. If not, as was my case, go to step 6

6. Still in the Realtek folder (in ThirdParty), there are several DTS(...) folders, enter them one by one. on each one (not all) you will have a single INF file (a white paper with a gear underneath). On these INF files, right click and then click install. Wait for the completion message before installing the next one. There are folders that will have APPX files, DO NOT install them again. There is another folder that has several folders named "acer" DON'T touch them, just install the INF file below.

7. Now we have installed the driver that showed the error. Go back in the DTS Sound folder and install the APPX file called "d9e40f5ee2e34ae4bf727c73a546640d". The DTS:x Ultra application will be installed. Restart the computer. Okay, just use it.