Recently given M3970

booper
booper Member Posts: 4 New User
Unemployed and my computer died: recently given M3970 has windows 7, searches Internet great, but I can't install Windows 10! Should I buy the software for $139 or waste of money?

Best Answer

Answers

• booper
    I'm on a tight budget, this computer works great even though it is old...another suggestion for getting Windows 10 for those of us who are unemployed?
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    You may be able to upgrade it for free :) ms officially ended the free upgrade, but the process still works. You 'burn' a windows 10 installer using the windows media creation tool, and if it deems the pc suitable, it should offer you a free upgrade to 10

https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/
  • booper
    I'm downloading  the Windows 10 setup, it's at 87%....if it doesn't work,  is Windows 10 compatible to this old computer, the M3970? I may need to bight the bullet and get a new PC, can't job search without.
  • booper
    Advice from across the pond - "Windows 10" complete. The job search is brutal yet comforting to know that now I have the tools with which to function.  Thank you!!
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Shweet 👍 if you run into any problems let us know and can try to troubleshoot it :)