Hello From Germany! (where can I get English Phone support?!?)

macdimm
macdimm Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Nööb here, Hello/Hallo from Germany. My brand-new ACER blue-screened and the ACER Germany Support number voice navigation system has absolutely no English prompts nor can you get the "operator" by pressing "0". My wife can speak German but I need to do this myself. Most of the time you will eventually get a person and then you can ask for an English speaker. Not my experience so far at ACER Deutschland. No mater which number I press it just keeps talking and eventually hangs up on me. HELP! Are there English Language ACER Support numbers available? Do I need to call England? America? Any 24 Hour numbers?

Looking forward to playing with my new computer!

Comments

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    macdimm said:
    Nööb here, Hello/Hallo from Germany. My brand-new ACER blue-screened and the ACER Germany Support number voice navigation system has absolutely no English prompts nor can you get the "operator" by pressing "0". My wife can speak German but I need to do this myself. Most of the time you will eventually get a person and then you can ask for an English speaker. Not my experience so far at ACER Deutschland. No mater which number I press it just keeps talking and eventually hangs up on me. HELP! Are there English Language ACER Support numbers available? Do I need to call England? America? Any 24 Hour numbers?

its the English support. but its outside the country. better option for you is to check with chat support. 
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact 
    https://www.acer.com/worldwide/
    Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • macdimm

Tinkerer

christy1 said:
    macdimm said:

its the English support. but its outside the country. better option for you is to check with chat support. 
    Thank you for answering. I tried the CHAT but it rejected my serial number with this message:
    "Our records indicate the serial number you have entered is no longer eligible for warranty support. If you feel this information is incorrect, please scan and submit a copy of your Proof of Purchase. Please allow 2 business days for us to review your information and update our records, then try again. Alternatively, you can use one of these alternative support options:"

It was purchased this month here in Germany so it is definitely under warrantee. I didn't try the Worldwide because once I choose Germany the language changes and I can not read/speak German.

The error, after translating it through DeepL, says I can restart it but I don't know how to. I it is stuck with the German message screen :(

Thanks again!
  • christy1
    macdimm said:
    christy1 said:
    macdimm said:

Thank you for answering. I tried the CHAT but it rejected my serial number with this message:
    "Our records indicate the serial number you have entered is no longer eligible for warranty support. If you feel this information is incorrect, please scan and submit a copy of your Proof of Purchase. Please allow 2 business days for us to review your information and update our records, then try again. Alternatively, you can use one of these alternative support options:"

It was purchased this month here in Germany so it is definitely under warrantee. I didn't try the Worldwide because once I choose Germany the language changes and I can not read/speak German.

The error, after translating it through DeepL, says I can restart it but I don't know how to. I it is stuck with the German message screen :(

Thanks again!

:( i think  you need a translator. we have cfew operator service i few countries 
  • macdimm

Tinkerer

christy1 said:
    macdimm said:
    christy1 said:
    macdimm said:

Thanks again!

:( i think  you need a translator. we have cfew operator service i few countries 
    Yes, but one who knows the tech jargon! I have a German friend here that I call for help when I get government letters, Landlord notices, etc. because she is a translator and teaches English and Latin. But as soon as the discussion goes into medical language, technical or legal speak she is stumped! German has so many WORDS! She is quick to find out what things mean though, and is extremely helpful! 

I can, at a minimum, record the German message prompts and send them to her to translate so I know what number to press to get a person. Most Germans I have met know English very well, and enough to get me to someone who does speak English.

Thanks again!
  • macdimm

Tinkerer

edited February 2021
    Where do I "accept if it is helpful"? All I see is "Quote and Like...
  • christy1
    macdimm said:
    Where do I "accept if it is helpful"? All I see is "Quote and Like...

you have to hit yes for it. 
  • macdimm

Tinkerer

There aint no "YES" to hit. Can you show a screen shot of what you are talking about? Is it on this page or some popup survey question? Maybe under User Account stuff? Can't find any YES to hit.
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    It cant be done in the welcome forum :)
  • mirh
    mirh Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

macdimm said:
    christy1 said:

It was purchased this month here in Germany so it is definitely under warrantee.
    More or less the same that happened to me. 
    Literally last week I had no problem having my SN/SNID recognized on the US website, when suddenly my 4 months Nitro 5 became a museum piece.
    And even if at least the Italian website still detected it properly for some extra time, today not even that is good anymore.

Phone support said they were going to check on this, and that it may have been connected to some "system problems" they had yesterday (that evidently aren't happening for the first time)
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi mirh,

1. Sometimes server may down.

2. Few browsers are also has some issues while entering into websites.

3. So plz check with different browser.