broken hinge on laptop Can Acer replace a broken hinge?

DOWNBYTHESEA123
DOWNBYTHESEA123 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2023 in Chromebooks
 Can Acer replace a broken hinge?  
my laptop still works but the  hinge  is  broken  

can i bring to staples to repair    
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    You should be able to take it to any technician for repair, but it might not be inexpensive. Usually it's not the hinge that's broken, it's the case where the hinge attaches.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru

Hi DOWNBYTHESEA123,

If you want to take it to acer it may cost high. As billsey said take it to any technician for repair.

• Stevoh
    Stevoh Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2023

This has been happening to ACER laptops since at least 2016. [content removed]. Maybe they should use weaker hinges. Mine just started separating after a year. Of course, right after the warranty. I've seen comments here where it's been 4-6 months before the hinge snapped. This is total [content removed]. Mine still works. it broke away from the screen side, so I might just be able to get a new plastic cover for the back of the screen. For now, I've got a really strong rubberband like the Lance Armstrong wrist band wrapped around the left side of my screen. I open and close it cautiously. If ACER would send me a new back cover to my screen, I would install it myself. If they're going to charge me for it, forget it. It'll limp along and I will steer clear of ACER's from now on.

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer

Actually, it happens to all manufacturers of 'thin and light' laptops. It's inherent in the thin design of the cases, there just isn't enough depth any longer to get a really solid screw mount.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator

Hi @Stevoh,

I am very sorry to hear this, unfortunately, the Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.

Only your local support services can help you with this, the community is not an escalation channel, unfortunately.

Sorry for any inconveniences this has caused you,

Regards,

Acer-Samuel