Aspire 5 A515-44-R41B My charger is too weak, can I get a replacement somewhere?

Arno20
Arno20 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Good day, 
I recently got my Acer Aspire 5 A515-44-R41B off of Amazon, and it has been working fantastic. It only came with 8GB of RAM, so I bought another 8GB stick of RAM and it worked fantastic after I upgraded it. However, I recently noticed that whenever I play games on the highest settings (and even medium settings in some cases) the battery charge level goes down. Very slightly, but it is there. I did some research and found that my power supply (that was given with the laptop) does not deliver enough amps to power the laptop and keep the battery charged. The charger that I got with the laptop is 45W... (it also charges the laptop very slowly, even when I'm not using it).
What I have tried so far:
  • Playing games on their lowest settings (this worked and the battery stayed at 100%)
I searched for chargers but I'm too afraid just to buy one because I have heard some people have had issues with the correct size charger pin.. So, I came here to ask if anyone knows about a website or charger that I can buy, that will actually fit and work fine. 

Thanks in advance, any assistance will be appreciated. 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,329 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    This is normal under heavy gaming load. Even the more powerful 65watt charger models shown below  will at times need help from the battery in satisfying power demands of very high gaming loads. At those times, the battery is not charging and is actually draining. For maximum play time, battery should be near 100% charged and plugged in BEFORE starting heavy gaming loads.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    This is normal under heavy gaming load. Even the more powerful 65watt charger models shown below  will at times need help from the battery in satisfying power demands of very high gaming loads. At those times, the battery is not charging and is actually draining. For maximum play time, battery should be near 100% charged and plugged in BEFORE starting heavy gaming loads.

Jack E/NJ

• Arno20
    Arno20 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thank you so much for trying to help.

Is it bad when the battery is discharging while the laptop is under heavy load? And would you recommend buying a 65W charger?
  • JackE
    Probably good for the battery since It's designed to be cycled and not always kept at 100%. I think the 45watt charger is satisfactory for your model with one GPU.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru

Hi Arno20,

Contact acer support they can place an order,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ZA/content/service-contact