Can i use a ssd nvme in this pc ? (Acer aspire e5 774g)

Skyoss
Skyoss Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Can i use any type of nvme ssd with 1tb of storage ?
Thanks. 

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you should be able to use an m.2 nvme card. But it will only function at about half its maximum full speed potential or about twice plain vanilla m.2 SATA3 card speeds. Furthermore, some budget nvme cards are notoriously difficult to get working properly in some machines.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,881 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Skyoss said:
    Thanks. 

Skyoss further to what JackE has said above, these are the recommended M.2 SATA-3 B&M end key type cards OEM 256GB fitted by Acer to your  Aspire E5-774G (don't use 128GB M.2 cards as they are too small a capacity). NVMe cards may fit but they will not be fully utilised by your laptop as NVMe technology is not supported by your laptop and they will be a waste of money for your usage in your E5-774G.

Btw, hard  drive capacities are not restricted to only 128GB and 256GB M.2 SATA-3 cards in your Aspire E5-774G as the capacity is only restricted by the Windows MBR and GPT formatting rules which are; max for MBR format is 2TB only drives and above 2TB for GPT format drives. These are the 256GB OR HIGHER cards types that is best suited for your Aspire E5-774G:

1. HynixHFS256G39TND
    2. Kingston RBU-SNS8152S3/256GG2
    3. Liteon CV1-8B256 or CV3-8D256
    4. Samsung MZNLN256HCHP
    5. Toshiba THNSNJ256G8NY
    Features:
    • e-NAND system specification, compliant with V5.0
    • Dual data rate: up to 400Mbyte/s @ 200MHz
    Interface: SATA

B&M end key type M.2 2280 SATA-3 card

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Yes, you should be able to use an m.2 nvme card. But it will only function at about half its maximum full speed potential or about twice plain vanilla m.2 SATA3 card speeds. Furthermore, some budget nvme cards are notoriously difficult to get working properly in some machines.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,881 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Skyoss said:
    Thanks. 

Skyoss further to what JackE has said above, these are the recommended M.2 SATA-3 B&M end key type cards OEM 256GB fitted by Acer to your  Aspire E5-774G (don't use 128GB M.2 cards as they are too small a capacity). NVMe cards may fit but they will not be fully utilised by your laptop as NVMe technology is not supported by your laptop and they will be a waste of money for your usage in your E5-774G.

Btw, hard  drive capacities are not restricted to only 128GB and 256GB M.2 SATA-3 cards in your Aspire E5-774G as the capacity is only restricted by the Windows MBR and GPT formatting rules which are; max for MBR format is 2TB only drives and above 2TB for GPT format drives. These are the 256GB OR HIGHER cards types that is best suited for your Aspire E5-774G:

1. HynixHFS256G39TND
    2. Kingston RBU-SNS8152S3/256GG2
    3. Liteon CV1-8B256 or CV3-8D256
    4. Samsung MZNLN256HCHP
    5. Toshiba THNSNJ256G8NY
    Features:
    • e-NAND system specification, compliant with V5.0
    • Dual data rate: up to 400Mbyte/s @ 200MHz
    Interface: SATA

B&M end key type M.2 2280 SATA-3 card
  • Skyoss

Tinkerer

Thank for you comment 🙂 i buy à nvme for 84€ wich is the prize for à classic sata ssd in France. I tell you the results when its arrived 
  • JackE
    >>> I tell you the results when its arrived  >>>

Quel SSD as-tu acheté ?

Which SSD did you buy?

Jack E/NJ

• Skyoss

Tinkerer

edited July 2021
    JackE said:
    >>> I tell you the results when its arrived  >>>

Quel SSD as-tu acheté ?

Which SSD did you buy?

I pay the PNY CS2130 with 1to. The price now is 100€ (and we can pay in 4 times). I pay it on a french e-store wich is called Cdiscount.

J'ai pris le PNY CS2130 avec 1to. Maintenant le prix est à 100,49€ (et on peut payer en 4 fois). Je l'ai acheté sur Cdiscount.
  • Skyoss

Tinkerer

So i have the ssd and the pc works great 😀
  • JackE
    Great! Thanks for reporting back on your success.

Jack E/NJ