How can i know which RAM my Acer Aspire 7 A715-41G-R9KP laptop supports?

ihr1337
ihr1337 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hey, i have Acer Aspire 7 ( A715-41G-R9KP ) and i would like to upgrade it's RAM memory with another module.
But i have a problem with info about compatility. Which type of RAM this laptop will support?

Thankful for any info!

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It supports a maximum of 32GB with two 16GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM modules. You can install higher frequency modules such as 2666MHz or 3200MHz but the will only operate at 2400MHz allowed by the mainboard bus.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    It supports a maximum of 32GB with two 16GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM modules. You can install higher frequency modules such as 2666MHz or 3200MHz but the will only operate at 2400MHz allowed by the mainboard bus.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    You have many upgrade choices. for this model.  :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ihr1337
    JackE said:
    Well, idk how is that possible, but cmd.exe says that i have 2667mhz ram
    Is that true?
  • ihr1337
    JackE said:
    And also on crucial web-site you sent are some modules with over 2400mhz ram and it says it's compatible
  • JackE
    >>>You can install higher frequency modules such as 2666MHz or 3200MHz>>>

Yes, as mentioned earlier, higher frequency modules will work just fine at whatever speed you mainboard bus allows.

Jack E/NJ

• ihr1337
    JackE said:
    >>>You can install higher frequency modules such as 2666MHz or 3200MHz>>>

Yes, as mentioned earlier, higher frequency modules will work just fine at whatever speed you mainboard bus allows.

Just checked in Aida64
    Yeah, u were right, its on 2400mhz currently even if RAM module 2667mhz

Thankful for your help
  • JackE
    Good luck. If it was mine, I'd probably choose a 2667 MHz module (such as from this link) to match the current 2667 MHz module that's in there now.

Jack E/NJ

• ihr1337
    JackE said:
    Good luck. If it was mine, I'd probably choose a 2667 MHz module (such as from this link) to match the current 2667 MHz module that's in there now.
    Hey
    I did upgrade my RAM with two new Kingston sticks 2666mhz 8GB x2
    But i have a little problem
    2.1gb is reserved by system for hardware
    Windows settings are okay

I didnt find a setting in bios i could do that with, so i did update it with acer official bios installer and didnt see any changes in available settings
    I do have a advanced settings in my bios, but there are only 2 toggles and they have nothing to do with ram

Is there any way to unlock it?
  • JackE
    The Windows GUI system needs at least 2.1GB of reserved RAM to run properly. If it wasn't reserved, Windows wouldn't boot. 

Jack E/NJ

• YuviWho
    YuviWho Member Posts: 1 New User

I have Acer Aspire 7 715-41G, I want to know can i update my memory with crucial 8gb RAM 2666mzh.

And are Curcial RAMs Good??

• JackE

Yes, Crucial RAM usually uses top of the line Micron chips.

Jack E/NJ

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)