Adobe Flash Player Windows 10

Hazelfb
Hazelfb Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2021 in Windows 10
A Windows 10 update, in July 2021, has removed Adobe Flash Player from my Packard Bell device (EasyNote TJ65) because the Flash Player software is no longer supported by Adobe. However, I now get a Packard Bell pop-up message telling me to update to the latest version of Flash Player ... every day ... every time I have been inactive on my laptop for a short while.
How do I stop this Packard Bell pop up message from repeatedly appearing, please? 

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    You can check if the abobe flash program is installed. If it exists, uninstall it.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Hazelfb
    The Adobe Flash Player program no longer exists on my device as Microsoft has removed it (uninstalled it) with their recent Windows 10 update.  My question is : How do I stop the Packard Bell message, telling me to install the latest version of Flash Player, from repeatedly appearing, please? 
  • Hazelfb
    When my laptop has been inactive for a while, a full grey screen with a central message box appears.  The actual message reads: "Please download the latest version of Flash Player", with an "OK" button underneath it.  I need to to click "OK" in order to clear the grey screen and message box to reveal the desktop or open windows beneath. 
  • SilverBullet
    SilverBullet Member Posts: 1 New User

My ACER desktop computer has had the same problem. An ACER banner pops up every 15 seconds after not activity and states; "Please download the latest version of Flash Player". Flash Player is no longer supported by Adobe and has been removed from my machine, but the notification has continued.

After 2 years of this annoying notification, I have removed it. Go to: C:\Program Files (86)\ACER\Screen Saver\Acer.scr and DELETE the file. ALSO....

C:\Program Files (86)\ACER\Screen Saver\Acer.png and DELETE the file.

Substitute the manufacturer's name of your computer in place of "ACER", if you have another brand.

This should stop the annoyance.