Apire E 15 E5-573-58FN-Black Screen. Any ideas?

Shari3NY
Shari3NY Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

My Aspire E 15 has a black screen. Used a paper clip to battery for 10 seconds and waited half hour. It came back up on the Acer screen but was stuck as if it was trying to boot up. Tried to restart with power button but its just a black screen again. Any suggestions? I know zero about computers or laptops. I need any help in the simplest of terms. Thanks All.

Shari3NY

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Shari3NY,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Press and hold power button for about 5seconds or  till laptop shuts off. Unplug charger. Insert paperclip again in reset hole, this time for about a minute. Then plug the charger back in but don't try to turn it on until the battery charge LED turns from steady orange to steady blue. After it turns blue, try to turn it on again.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Shari3NY,

As JackE said try to do power drain and check the status.
  • Shari3NY

Tinkerer

edited July 2021
    I tried the power drain method and I can see it trying to come on but nothing. The light is steady blue now. I have noticed that I don't hear any beep as I use to when I plug the charger in.
  • JackE
    >>>I can see it trying to come on but nothing>>> have noticed that I don't hear any beep as I use to when I plug the charger in.>>>

What do you mean by "trying to come on"? Do you mean the power LED indicator comes on then goes out? That means it's really off. When it's really off, you shouldn't hear any beeps or boops when the charger is plugged in or unplugged.

Jack E/NJ

• Shari3NY

Tinkerer

I can see a faint light in the screen.
  • JackE
    How about the power LED?

Jack E/NJ

• Shari3NY

Tinkerer

Yes, it lights up when powered on.
  • JackE
    >>>Yes, it lights up when powered on.>>>

What happens when you press FN+F6? If nothing, what happens when you plug an HDMI cable to a TV? Does the TV screen work? If not, try pressing FN+F5 to turn TV screen on.

Jack E/NJ

• Shari3NY

Tinkerer

I had no idea I could hook it up with HDMI cable to TV. I will try each step in the order you said and hopefully one works. Thanks