I have 3 doubts!! Product : Aspire A715-75G

niDnid
niDnid Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
1. Last day i have done windows optional update  "INTEL system - 01/01/1970", since then am facing FPS drop while playing games? Restored to an old point , but it didn't make any changes. Need some solutions .

2. Do i need to install "Update Panel ID" firmware update dated 2021/06/23 from acer site. Also have 2 more pending install under the category of BIOS/Firmware .
a. Update Insyde solution for 20H2 dated 2021/04/08
b. 
Update ME FW 14.0.37.1165 for CML and Update Intel ME 12.0.65.1567 for CFL dated 2020/08/04
Do i need to install these 2??

3. A driver update of "
Intel® Graphics - Windows® DCH Drivers" is showing by intel. At the same time acer showing "VGA Driver (GTX 1650 SUPER M /GTX 1650 Ti)". Which one should i install?  Intel also providing this message "If a newer graphics driver is available from Acer, we recommend you install that driver instead. " 
GTX 1650 is my graphics model.

waiting for responses 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    (1) >>> INTEL system - 01/01/1970>>>>
    Where did you get and why did you try to install a 51 year old update?

(2) >>> Do i need to install "Update Panel ID" firmware update dated 2021/06/23 from acer site. Also have 2 more pending install under the category of BIOS/Firmware .>>>
    Unless you're trying to solve a specific and serious problem, firmware updates are not recommended due to the increased risk of side effects or worse relative to driver software updates. 

(3) You should generally not try to install generic updates from Intel or nvidia due to the proprietary nature of the Acer mainboard. You should only use the ACER updates but only if there are issues.

Jack E/NJ

• niDnid
    JackE said:
    (1) >>> INTEL system - 01/01/1970>>>>
    Where did you get and why did you try to install a 51 year old update?

(2) >>> Do i need to install "Update Panel ID" firmware update dated 2021/06/23 from acer site. Also have 2 more pending install under the category of BIOS/Firmware .>>>
    Unless you're trying to solve a specific and serious problem, firmware updates are not recommended due to the increased risk of side effects or worse relative to driver software updates. 

(3) You should generally not try to install generic updates from Intel or nvidia due to the proprietary nature of the Acer mainboard. You should only use the ACER updates but only if there are issues.
    1. It was there in optional windows update , i updated it accidentaly.

2. Okay

3. So should I do that update of VGA Driver (GTX 1650 SUPER M /GTX 1650 Ti) which is there in Acer site showing under drivers of Aspire A715-75G.
    NB : GTX 1650 is my graphics model.
  • JackE
    3. No. Open Device Manager. Click display adapters folder. Right click each adapter. Click properties. What are the version numbers for the Intel and nVidia drivers installed in there right now?

Jack E/NJ

• niDnid
    JackE said:
    3. No. Open Device Manager. Click display adapters folder. Right click each adapter. Click properties. What are the version numbers for the Intel and nVidia drivers installed in there right now?
    Intel UHD 630 graphics , version : 27.20.100.8280 , date : 19-05-2020
    gtx 1650 , version : 30.0.14.7111, date : 21-06-2021
  • JackE
    >>>am facing FPS drop while playing games>>>

Try this. Right click and uninstall the nvidia driver 30.0.14.7111. Exit Device Manager without re-installing anything. Shut down Windows normally. Turn the machne on and let Windows auto-detect the nvidia adapter and re-install a fresh copy of the driver it prefers. Test with one of the games.

Jack E/NJ

• niDnid
    JackE said:

Try this. Right click and uninstall the nvidia driver 30.0.14.7111. Exit Device Manager without re-installing anything. Shut down Windows normally. Turn the machne on and let Windows auto-detect the nvidia adapter and re-install a fresh copy of the driver it prefers. Test with one of the games.

JackE said:

While uninstalling should i give yes to delete the driver software from this device option ?????

• JackE
    Yes. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• niDnid
    JackE said:
    Yes. Jack E/NJ
    Sorry ! One more doubt. I read some articles and watch some videos. most of them recommending DDU(Display Driver Uninstaller) software to uninstall the driver .  Any suggestions on that ? 
  • JackE
    Let Windows Device Manager uninstall the driver.

Jack E/NJ

• niDnid
    JackE said:
    Let Windows Device Manager uninstall the driver.
    i have completed the reinstall. But not getting any improvements
  • JackE
    Check to see if the same driver version was reloaded in DeviceManager

>>>>Intel UHD 630 graphics , version : 27.20.100.8280 , date : 19-05-2020
    gtx 1650 , version : 30.0.14.7111, date : 21-06-2021>>>>

Jack E/NJ

• niDnid
    JackE said:
    Check to see if the same driver version was reloaded in DeviceManager

>>>>Intel UHD 630 graphics , version : 27.20.100.8280 , date : 19-05-2020
    gtx 1650 , version : 30.0.14.7111, date : 21-06-2021>>>>

gtx 1650 version is 7141 , dated 12-7-2021
  • JackE
    Download, unzip and try this driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• niDnid
    JackE said:
    Download, unzip and try this driver. Jack E/NJ
    But it is of 1650Ti , mine is 1650, will that make issues  :'(
  • JackE
    It's also for the 1650. Try it. It can easily be changed if it doesn't fix the issue.

Jack E/NJ

• niDnid
    JackE said:
    It's also for the 1650. Try it. It can easily be changed if it doesn't fix the issue.
    that was a old version(451.67) of nvidia driver, i already installed the latest version (471.41)
  • niDnid

What about this Intel Graphics DCH driver ?, Should i install that ? 

• JackE
    >>>that was a old version(451.67) of nvidia driver, i already installed the latest version (471.41) >>>

Hold on. Where did you get 471.41? I didn't see it listed by ACER for your model.

Jack E/NJ

• niDnid
    JackE said:
    >>>that was a old version(451.67) of nvidia driver, i already installed the latest version (471.41) >>>

Hold on. Where did you get 471.41? I didn't see it listed by ACER for your model.
    From Nvidia site and Geforce experience also shows that latest update
  • JackE
    >>>From Nvidia site and Geforce experience also shows that latest update >>>

They are generic drivers that don't necessarily work correctly as the latest update for the proprietary ACER mainboard. Please install the latest ACER OEM driver that I posted previously. Then test it.

Jack E/NJ