intel uhd graphics driver problem - Aspire A515-56

kamaterasu
kamaterasu Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops
my intel command center told me update driver so i updated after that when my laptop goes to sleep mode its always black screen backlights are on when i unistalled driver it becomes all driver are same

Aspire A515-56 here is my laptop 

27.20.100.9664 its my driver version

​//Edited the content to add model name.

Best Answers

• Brewha
    Brewha Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    (Edited for spacing)

Jack, I do have a question, but this is mostly FYI, as I see you're helping people on here all the time.  Last night, I saw this thread yesterday up to the place you confirmed you were intending kamaterasu to downgrade the driver from 9664 to 8439.
    I also have an Aspire A515-56 that started exhibiting the failure to revive the display after a sleep the day before yesterday.  When my laptop is in that state, I can plug an external monitor into the hdmi port and that does work.  Unplugging the monitor does not transfer the  display back to the built-in display like it normally would.  The F5 and F6 buttons don't do anything in this state.
    I was not asked to "UPDATE YOUR DRIVER", but I notice I was pushed an Intel Graphics Command Center app update with suspicious timing relative to the start of the problem.  I had not even been running that app, I don't think, so maybe that's why I wasn't asked.
    After seeing this thread, I took a closer look at the "Drivers and Manuals" page for the A515-56 and confirmed the driver version that you pointed to is the latest recommended.  That page also listed a bios version, 1.12, that says "Fix Black Screen Issue".
    So, I updated my bios to 1.12 and the "display after sleep" issue is apparently resolved.
    I did that before seeing the more recent entries, including your warning "Don't play around with 9664 version as it could cause other adverse side effects." At present all seems to be working.
    Jack, since the bios fixed the immediate problem, do you still recommend that I downgrade the driver to 8439?
    To anyone else reading this, it's generally a lot safer to upgrade or downgrade a graphics driver than it is to update the bios.  If anything interrupts the bios update process, you're laptop will become irreparable.  Yet, the new bios is provided on the official site, so I chose to take that risk and had success.

• kamaterasu

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Updated Bios to version 1.12 installed latest display driver and It wake up after sleep mode PROBLEM FIXED THANKS Brewha,JackE

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Download, unzip and try installing this driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kamaterasu

Tinkerer

i think that's older than my current driver 
  • kamaterasu

Tinkerer

edited July 2021
    anyway i will try it
  • kamaterasu

Tinkerer

Should i install it or just be it
  • JackE
    edited July 2021
    YES!!!  Install the older driver. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• kamaterasu

Tinkerer

this driver is fine no black screen it wakes up when goes to sleep 
  • kamaterasu

Tinkerer

im now trying to install latest driver with "zip" extension

• kamaterasu

Tinkerer

ps that 9664 driver was also fine like this what i am trying is install latest driver
  • kamaterasu

Tinkerer

yeah installed latest driver has black screen when goes to sleep no wake up keyboard backlihgt are on 
  • kamaterasu

Tinkerer

uninstalled driver goes back to 8439 rip that 9664
  • JackE
    Please stay with the official ACER 8439 driver that I posted earlier. The generic Intel 9664 version is not fully compatible with the proprietary ACER mainboard. Don't play around with 9664 version as it could cause other adverse side effects.

Jack E/NJ

• kamaterasu

Tinkerer

then should i ignore that UPDATE YOUR DRIVER its so annoying 
  • JackE
    Yes. Please post a screenshot of this UPDATE YOUR DRIVER message if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• Brewha
    Brewha Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    (Edited for spacing)

Jack, I do have a question, but this is mostly FYI, as I see you're helping people on here all the time.  Last night, I saw this thread yesterday up to the place you confirmed you were intending kamaterasu to downgrade the driver from 9664 to 8439.
    I also have an Aspire A515-56 that started exhibiting the failure to revive the display after a sleep the day before yesterday.  When my laptop is in that state, I can plug an external monitor into the hdmi port and that does work.  Unplugging the monitor does not transfer the  display back to the built-in display like it normally would.  The F5 and F6 buttons don't do anything in this state.
    I was not asked to "UPDATE YOUR DRIVER", but I notice I was pushed an Intel Graphics Command Center app update with suspicious timing relative to the start of the problem.  I had not even been running that app, I don't think, so maybe that's why I wasn't asked.
    After seeing this thread, I took a closer look at the "Drivers and Manuals" page for the A515-56 and confirmed the driver version that you pointed to is the latest recommended.  That page also listed a bios version, 1.12, that says "Fix Black Screen Issue".
    So, I updated my bios to 1.12 and the "display after sleep" issue is apparently resolved.
    I did that before seeing the more recent entries, including your warning "Don't play around with 9664 version as it could cause other adverse side effects." At present all seems to be working.
    Jack, since the bios fixed the immediate problem, do you still recommend that I downgrade the driver to 8439?
    To anyone else reading this, it's generally a lot safer to upgrade or downgrade a graphics driver than it is to update the bios.  If anything interrupts the bios update process, you're laptop will become irreparable.  Yet, the new bios is provided on the official site, so I chose to take that risk and had success.

• JackE
    BrewhaThanks for posting this. As you point out, firmware updates are usually risky. And even riskier to rollback if they cause other adverse issues or side effects. Thanks for taking the risk.   :)   Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• kamaterasu

Tinkerer

should i check my bios update?
  • kamaterasu

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Updated Bios to version 1.12 installed latest display driver and It wake up after sleep mode PROBLEM FIXED THANKS Brewha,JackE
  • JackE
    kamaterasuCongrats on your success.

Jack E/NJ

• Garel29
    Garel29 Member Posts: 4 New User
    JackE said:
    Please stay with the official ACER 8439 driver that I posted earlier. The generic Intel 9664 version is not fully compatible with the proprietary ACER mainboard. Don't play around with 9664 version as it could cause other adverse side effects.
    I just bought an Acer Aspire 5 A515-56- Intel Core i5 1135G7 and I have screen crash problem after installing android studio, why ? also my graphics driver is 9684
  • Garel29
    Garel29 Member Posts: 4 New User
    JackE said:
    JackE said:
    JackE said:
    YES!!!  Install the older driver. Jack E/NJ
    Garel29 said:
    JackE said:
    I just bought an Acer Aspire 5 A515-56- Intel Core i5 1135G7 and I have screen crash problem after installing android studio, why ? also my graphics driver is 9684
    Garel29 said:
    JackE said:
    this is the issue :