laptop acer aspire E1-431 black screen

ahmad11
ahmad11 Member Posts: 1 New User
I am with Huda, here I have a problem with the Acer Aspire E1-431 laptop. The problem is that the screen on the laptop is black and the power button is on. I've tried extending it to the monitor using a VGA cable and the windows display results. I've tried to ask the nearest service center the problem is on the LCD, what action should I take? can the acer service center fix it and have the same LCD stock as the type of laptop I have? or LCD purchasing system TSB PO? That is all and thank you.
happy if answered with fast response

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Try turning the laptop and external screen on with the FN+F6 and FN+F5 toggle key combinations.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi ahmad11,

Try to do power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds. ​

• Cbiazon
    Cbiazon Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi Ahmad11, my I know if your problem with your computer (laptop) is already fixed/solved. I've encountered same as your problem, as an IT technical support/technician, I've isolated it and found the problem, my laptop (Acer aspire E1 431) found out that the flex cable of LCD to system board/Motherboard loosed connections .I dismantled all parts of my Laptop to repair it and for PM also. I put strong/sticky adhesive tape on top of connectors to motherboard  and to the other end of flexible cable at the back of LCD and do the PM to avoid sorted circuit caused by dust.