Problem in charging the laptop

Ginge
Ginge Member Posts: 2 New User
I have a strange problem. When the battery reaches about 20% and I try to charge it but it doesn't charges. what I did is to turn off the laptop and try again. at this point I must wait until the battery reaches 20% otherwise If I'll turn on the laptop, the battery will stop to be charged. in shortly: I can't carge the computer and turn it on at the same time when it's below 20%. How can I solve the problem please? Thanks for answering!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Open Device Manager. Click batteries folder. Right click and uninstall all drivers you find in this folder. Then exit Device Manager with reinstalling anything. Then shutdown Windows normally. Then turn the machine back on and  let Windows automatically re-install fresh copies of the battery drivers.

Jack E/NJ

• Ginge
    Ginge Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    Open Device Manager. Click batteries folder. Right click and uninstall all drivers you find in this folder. Then exit Device Manager with reinstalling anything. Then shutdown Windows normally. Then turn the machine back on and  let Windows automatically re-install fresh copies of the battery drivers.
    Thank you JackE for your answer and I appreciate but it didn't solve the problem
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    OK. Try this. Turn the machine off. Unplug the charger. Insert a paperclip into the reset pinhole on the bottom for 60 seconds. Then plug the charger back in but don't try to turn the laptop on till the battery charge LED turns from steady orange to steady blue.

Turn the machine on when the battery charge LED turns steady blue. Then go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Ginge,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.

5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​