I have a aspire 5742 with a intel core i3 CPU M370

NOOBGamer1
NOOBGamer1 Member Posts: 4 New User
How do i update my graphics driver? and which one should i use from intel.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Sorry, all the Intel Pentium, i3, i5 etc CPUs recommended for this older Aspire model with PGA988 socket seem to use the same integrated GPU and shared memory.  Graphics performance can be somewhat improved by increasing RAM to 8GB maximum since shared memory usually uses a fixed percentage of total installed RAM.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Sorry, all the Intel Pentium, i3, i5 etc CPUs recommended for this older Aspire model with PGA988 socket seem to use the same integrated GPU and shared memory.  Graphics performance can be somewhat improved by increasing RAM to 8GB maximum since shared memory usually uses a fixed percentage of total installed RAM.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi NOOBGamer1,

I think graphics card is soldered in the motherboard so you can't change it. 
  • NOOBGamer1
    NOOBGamer1 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Ok thank you 
  • JackE
    Good luck. If you know the names of the games you'd like to play, such as Steam GTA, you should google search the keywords 'GTA'  & 'requirements' to see if your laptop has the minimum required RAM, CPU & GPU to play the game. Unfortunately, many newer game versions work very slowly or don't work properly or don't work at all on laptops originally designed for Windows 7.

Jack E/NJ