Acer Predator Helios 300, PH315-52-710B - will not power on

SusanD
SusanD Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

We are small computer repair shop. We just replaced cracked screen on Acer Predator Helios 300, PH315-52-710B. After replacing screen, it would not power on, but the LED light at the A/C adapter port on laptop was orange and then turned blue.

I found some instruction to unplug internal battery (not CMOS) to do a power reset.  After doing this, the LED light at the A/C adapter port does not come on at all.

We have tried all of the following, and still no power:

1.       Put original cracked screen back in

2.       Unplugged internal battery

3.       Unplugged CMOS battery

4.       Removed and re-seated memory

5.       Unplugged Hard Drive

6.       Tested power adapter

It seems that this is a common issue, loss of power, black screen on Acer Predator Helios 300.  In all our years of replacing LCD screens, we have never lost power on a unit.  Any ideas you have for us to try are much appreciated.

Answers

• Try resetting the battery: turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds, and leave the laptop off for thirty minutes.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SusanD

Tinkerer

Try resetting the battery: turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds, and leave the laptop off for thirty minutes.
    Thank you for your input.  We did try as you suggested to reset the battery.  This did not work and we welcome any other ideas. Thank you.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi SusanD,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
  • SusanD

Tinkerer

Easwar said:
    Hi SusanD,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
    Hi Easwar, 

No, we are not getting any light indication when charger is connected. We put the volt meter on the charger itself and it checks out fine.

Thank you for helping troubleshoot.

Susan
  • In the description of this video, there is a possible solution:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Hi SusanD,

Did you try to charge the unit with different charger. 
  • SusanD

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho and Easwar thank you for continued help with troubleshooting.  I will pass this info on to my husband to try and report back here.
  • Does the problem still occur?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SusanD

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho thank you for asking. There are no lights whatsoever and no sounds or signs of any power after we tried all suggestions. We took it to Best Buy Geek Squad and pray they treat us fair. I will update findings here.
  • Easwar
    Hi SusanD,

You may contact acer support for the free repair service if unit has the warranty.
  • Blainerss
    Blainerss Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey @SusanD Where you ever able to come up with a solution? We ran into the exact same issue at our shop on the exact same model number laptop
  • markrafer
    markrafer Member Posts: 1 New User
    hi,

do you have solution for this? i also have same issue upon installation of newly purchased LCD unit now has no sign of power.
  • helios300_user
    helios300_user Member Posts: 2 New User
    My predator  helios 300 2019 model won’t turn on, seems power button does not work, tried every solution mentioned above, didn’t work, any solution?
  • SusanD

Tinkerer

Hello, I wanted to comment here to update that the Best Buy Geek Squad (where customer purchased) diagnosed motherboard issue and replaced. It took several weeks, as the local store shipped it elsewhere. The MoBo replacement did resolve the issue.

• Hazzy2kx
    Hazzy2kx Member Posts: 1 New User

please my predator Helios 300 does power on and I’ve tried all suggestions above. The blue power light only blinks once when I press the power button but it doesn’t come up. Please any suggestions..