aspire 5 a515-51g Why do I need to press Shift button to turn on my laptop?

strawhat
strawhat Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I am having a strange behaviour with my laptop.
My power button isn't working properly and I need to press it several times in order to turn my Laptop on. I had this issue before and had to replace the keyboard. But, I noticed something strange ( I didn't try it before when my keyboard was replaced though). When I pressed the power button along with shift key pressed, the laptop would turn on in the first go!.
Any ideas what might be wrong?

Oh and also, If I plug in my laptop below 70% charge or so...It would power off ( it's not like that it turns off immediately...it's more like a shutdown)

I tried to reset the battery but it didn't change anything

Specs:
Machine: Acer aspire 5 a515-51g

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hey there @strawhat

Do a battery reset, Flip your computer upside down, gently of course, you can find a small hole on the right top corner towards the hinges. There's a button inside, you can access it by using a pin or paperclip, hold the button down for few seconds, at least 10 ~ 15. Make sure the unit is turned off and unplugged from the charger before doing the battery reset. Then, plug in the charger, Tap F2 repeatedly to get into BIOS, load default settings and save and exit, simply tap F9, Enter, F10 and Enter, in order. Then check if there's any developments.
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • strawhat

Tinkerer

Nope. Still the Same :disappointed:
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi strawhat,

It may goes to sleep mode to save the battery life. You can change it in settings option as never after thar it will not blank out the screen.

How to change Sleep settings on Windows 10
  • strawhat

Tinkerer

Sleep mode is completely disabled in my system
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi strawhat,

Now how the system is working?
  • strawhat

Tinkerer

edited July 2021
    It was disabled even before the problem started. I am facing the same issues till now