Can't install windows on acer aspire 5572ZWXMi

Vodlex
Vodlex Member Posts: 6 New User
Hello!

Whenever I try installing windows at first it would seem okay, but around mid way through it would just freeze up and not be able to do anything else.
I've tried installing both windows 7 and 10, since the system is 32 bit it should be able to support both versions on windows, yet it always just freezes up.
I've tested the drive and ram and both are working properly. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    At least 1GB RAM, a 1GHz CPU & 15-20GB free HDD space plus a Win7 license is needed to install a functional Win7-32bit system. If the machine originally came with factory WinXP or WinVista, this license would not have been embedded on the mainboard but on the HDD or a CD installation pack. Furthermore, the earlier Windows licenses might've only upgradeable for a limited time.   

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Vodlex,

Try to reset and check again,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3 Ways to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings without Password

4 Methods to Reset an Acer Laptop with Windows 7810 or Linux

3 Ways to Reset Windows 10 Computer to Factory Settings  Password Recovery
    3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    At least 1GB RAM, a 1GHz CPU & 15-20GB free HDD space plus a Win7 license is needed to install a functional Win7-32bit system. If the machine originally came with factory WinXP or WinVista, this license would not have been embedded on the mainboard but on the HDD or a CD installation pack. Furthermore, the earlier Windows licenses might've only upgradeable for a limited time.   

Jack E/NJ

• Vodlex
    Vodlex Member Posts: 6 New User
    When I tried installing win 7 32 bit 3 things would pop up on the screen like this:

File: NETIO.SYS
    Info: Windows failed to load because a required file is missing or corrupt.

I tried using different win 7 iso images I found online but I would just get the same problem.
    Neither the usb or the windows files are broken or corrupt, I tested this by installing win 7 on another 32 bit device and it all went smoothly.