How to re-install my dts:x ultra nitro 5 AN515-55

Siopao12
Siopao12 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2020 in Nitro Gaming
I accidentally uninstalled my dts:x ultra to my nitro 5 AN515-55, I cant find anything installer on it. Please help

Best Answer

• oziozi12
    oziozi12 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓

After struggling a month for this problem. I am coming with a solution will %99 work for everyone.

It's all about outdated Dtsapo4service.exe and dtscnt64.dll. DTS:X uses these services in order to be working. You can see error reports in Windows Event Viewer.

1) 
    Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware Portable - Free and Full Download

2) Uninstall Realtek Audio driver and remove all leftover files and registries.

3) Uninstall DTS:X Ultra and DTS Sound Unbound from Windows Apps tab. (Remove all leftovers too)

4) Reboot and do a windows update. Allow Windows to detect and install Realtek driver itself. "DON'T" install the Realtek driver in Acer Support.

5) Reboot.

6) Download the Realtek Driver from Acer Support page and "DON'T INSTALL". Just extract the files to a folder.

7) Go to "(Extracted Folder)\Win64\Thirdparty\20200210(This might be different)"

8) You'll see folders named like "DTSXULTRA" and "DTS4APO", right click the ".inf" files inside of these folders and press "Install".

9) Reboot after installing all ".inf" files.

10) Download the "Latest" DTS drivers in Acer Support page and install them with using "Setup_APP.cmd" inside the drivers.

AND THIS IS WHERE EVERYBODY GOT STUCK. DTS:X WILL NOT WORK AGAIN UNTIL YOU DO THE STEPS BELOW.
    After researching so much hours, I have found the most up-to-date "Dtsapo4service.exe " and it's ".dll"'s

11) Head over to 
    DTS other devices drivers download for Windows (32/64bit) (drvhub.net)

12) Press "Download Driver" inside of "DTS APO4x" and "DTS APO4x Service"

13) After downloading both drivers, right click the ".inf" files in both of the drivers and install.

14) Reboot and thank me.

:)

Answers

• SauravKrBrahma
    SauravKrBrahma Member Posts: 4 New User
    I'm facing the same problem here with my Acer Helios 300 2020 model. After I updated my audio drivers, DTSX Ultra does not work anymore. I tried to reinstall it from Acer official site but did not find anywhere. It is also not available in Microsoft Store. This is pathetic from Acer. 
  • Simo998
    Simo998 Member Posts: 35 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    @SauravKrBrahma In the end I was able to get dtsx installed but you need to register Account in MS app store then you can see it. You click install and it should be 'free' then, however I still had serious sound problems (no sound) with new driver and the old driver was just bad quality seemed so in the end I just took it to my local Acer service and they fixed everything in 5 buisness days. My local Acer service was very helpful and patient here, so in the end I was glad I took it in because they also fixed my seriously jittery erratic touchpad issue. I think they replaced tbe touchpad same time and sound and dtsx is back....
     Acer Nitro 5 AN5-15-55, 16Gb RAM, i7 10750H, GTX1650Ti , 2x nvme drives + 1tb SATA SDD, dual boot 2xdrives Ubuntu 20.10 and Windows 10
  • SharandeepSingh
    SharandeepSingh Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

I have a Predator Helios 300 2020 model too. When I got this issue where I couldn't launch DTS:X Ultra, I contacted Acer customer care and after 3-4 days, a service executive came and performed a factory reset (including the HDD). When my product came home from the center, it showed a blue screen error on each boot and when it finally turned on, DTS:X Ultra was uninstalled and the executive said that the app doesn't work anymore and is of no use. Whereas my friend has the same laptop and the app works fine on his unit. Please Help me here. Disappointed with Acer's Service.
  • Simo998
    I have a Predator Helios 300 2020 model too. When I got this issue where I couldn't launch DTS:X Ultra, I contacted Acer customer care and after 3-4 days, a service executive came and performed a factory reset (including the HDD). When my product came home from the center, it showed a blue screen error on each boot and when it finally turned on, DTS:X Ultra was uninstalled and the executive said that the app doesn't work anymore and is of no use. Whereas my friend has the same laptop and the app works fine on his unit. Please Help me 3here. Disappointed with Acer's Service.
    Maybe the driver or app was a bad one? You can install DTSx either from Acer official website or from MS Store apps if you have an MS account. I tried the MS store way and it worked for me. Installed free. For me before, my DTSx didn't work because I had a faulty bad audio sound driver amd DTSx disappeared after I tried to update the audio driver. I solved it by a workaround of  download dtsx from MS app store instead.

I suspect a blue screen on each boot could be a different problem? 

Acer Nitro 5 AN5-15-55, 16Gb RAM, i7 10750H, GTX1650Ti , 2x nvme drives + 1tb SATA SDD, dual boot 2xdrives Ubuntu 20.10 and Windows 10
  • SharandeepSingh
    SharandeepSingh Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Simo998 said:
    I have a Predator Helios 300 2020 model too. When I got this issue where I couldn't launch DTS:X Ultra, I contacted Acer customer care and after 3-4 days, a service executive came and performed a factory reset (including the HDD). When my product came home from the center, it showed a blue screen error on each boot and when it finally turned on, DTS:X Ultra was uninstalled and the executive said that the app doesn't work anymore and is of no use. Whereas my friend has the same laptop and the app works fine on his unit. Please Help me 3here. Disappointed with Acer's Service.
    Maybe the driver or app was a bad one? You can install DTSx either from Acer official website or from MS Store apps if you have an MS account. I tried the MS store way and it worked for me. Installed free. For me before, my DTSx didn't work because I had a faulty bad audio sound driver amd DTSx disappeared after I tried to update the audio driver. I solved it by a workaround of  download dtsx from MS app store instead.

I suspect a blue screen on each boot could be a different problem? 

Thanks for replying mate.

But you see, before this, the unit was working fine even though DTS:X Ultra app was not working, but there were no other problems. But now when I gave it to the customer service center, they just destroyed it. Like I've seen 6 blue screens since the laptop came home. Please tell me is this my fault? I was hoping the service center would fix the DTS problem but what they did was, they performed a full reset of the device, couldn't solve the DTS:X problem and instead, gave me blue screen problems. Like what is goin on here? What kind of service is this? Just FYI, I bought this laptop on 25th October so, it's been a month and this is the impression these service guys have made.
  • shashwat0313
    shashwat0313 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Siopao12 said:
    I accidentally uninstalled my dts:x ultra to my nitro 5 AN515-55, I cant find anything installer on it. Please help
    I have come to the rescue.
    go the this ms-store link.
    it will work completely fine, ONLY IF YOUR DEVICE HAD ORIGINALLY COME WITH DTS X ULTRA
    also, maybe it wont work if you have performed a clean install of windows.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/dts-x-ultra/9n0h1m8j1308?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Just go ahead and install. It worked just fine for me.
    Hope it helps.
  • SauravKrBrahma
    Simo998 There is no DTSX Ultra in MS Store. Only thing I Can find is DTS Sound Unbound. FYI I already have MS account signed in. After I updated my audio driver DTS:X Ultra is gone. Now after I updated DTS Sound Unbound app it has turned into trial verson. WTF......Buying Acer product is one of the biggest mistake of my life. I totally regret it. I had top priority in sound and Acer sucks in it.
  • SauravKrBrahma
    shashwat0313 I have already tried what u posted. Didnt work on my unit. The DTS:X Ultra app gets stuck at about page. Can't do any other thing to app and does not work too.

• Simo998
    edited December 2020
    shashwat0313 I have already tried what u posted. Didnt work on my unit. The DTS:X Ultra app gets stuck at about page. Can't do any other thing to app and does not work too.

looking here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8305?b=1 i could only see the following available;

XPERI DTS Utility

XPERI DTS Utility (sound)

Date:

2020/10/06

Version:

Vendor:

XPERI

Size:

358.8 MB

XPERI DTS Utility

XPERI DTS Utility (sound)

Date:

2020/05/20

Version:

Vendor:

XPERI

Size:

192.6 MB

XPERI DTS Utility

XPERI DTS Utility (DTS Console)

Date:

2020/10/06

Version:

Vendor:

XPERI

Size:

85.7 MB

XPERI DTS Utility

XPERI DTS Utility (Console)

Date:

2020/05/20

Version:

Vendor:

XPERI

Size:

85.7 MB

(for AN5-15-55 Nitro5)

• SauravKrBrahma
    Simo998 
     I already have all these updated for my model from https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8376?b=1. The only thing I need right now is working DTS:X Ultra app. Thanks... :/
  • Auedxo
    Auedxo Member Posts: 4 New User
    Yeah, the DTSX Ultra app isn't working for my Nitro 5 AN515-55 either. Something is off.
  • tashdidfahim
    tashdidfahim Member Posts: 1 New User

my dts ultra seems like this....its doesnt run...how to solve????
  • NitroBoy
    NitroBoy Member Posts: 2 New User

hello brother, I was facing the same problem. My dtsX app was also getting stuck on the main page. So I tried tweaking a little and I checked services in task manager. And this is how I got the solution.

HERE'S WHAT I DID
    step 1: Open task manager
    step 2: go to details tab
    step 3: find "DtsInc.DtsXUltra.exe" then right click and choose end task
    step 4: AND ITS DONE. Launch dtsX Ultra app

Mine started working fine after doing this hope it works for you as well.

• NitroBoy
    NitroBoy Member Posts: 2 New User

my dts ultra seems like this....its doesnt run...how to solve????
    hello brother, I was facing the same problem. My dtsX app was also getting stuck on the main page. So I tried tweaking a little and I checked services in task manager. And this is how I got the solution.

HERE'S WHAT I DID
    step 1: Open task manager
    step 2: go to details tab
    step 3: find "DtsInc.DtsXUltra.exe" then right click and choose end task
    step 4: AND ITS DONE. Launch dtsX Ultra app

Mine started working fine after doing this hope it works for you as well.
  • abinbiju9747
    abinbiju9747 Member Posts: 1 New User
    i was reset my dts:x ultra app now its not opening how i re install my dts:x ultra app

• oziozi12
    After struggling a month for this problem. I am coming with a solution will %99 work for everyone.

It's all about outdated "Dtsapo4service.exe" and "dtscnt64.dll". DTS:X uses these services in order to be working. You can see error reports in Windows Event Viewer.

1) Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware Portable - Free and Full Download

3) Uninstall DTS:X Ultra and DTS Sound Unbound from Windows Apps tab. (Remove all leftovers too)

4) Reboot and do a windows update. Allow Windows to detect and install Realtek driver itself. "DON'T" install the Realtek driver in Acer Support.

5) Reboot.

6) Download the Realtek Driver from Acer Support page and "DON'T INSTALL". Just extract the files to a folder.

7) Go to "(Extracted Folder)\Win64\Thirdparty\20200210(This might be different)"

8) You'll see folders named like "DTSXULTRA" and "DTS4APO", right click the ".inf" files inside of these folders and press "Install".

10) Download the "Latest" DTS drivers in Acer Support page and install them with using "Setup_APP.cmd" inside the drivers.

AND THIS IS WHERE EVERYBODY GOT STUCK. DTS:X WILL NOT WORK AGAIN UNTIL YOU DO THE STEPS BELOW.
    After researching so much hours, I have found the most up-to-date "Dtsapo4service.exe " and it's ".dll"'s

11) Head over to DTS other devices drivers download for Windows (32/64bit) (drvhub.net)

13) After downloading both drivers, right click the ".inf" files in both of the drivers and install.

14) Reboot and thank me.

• oziozi12

It's all about outdated Dtsapo4service.exe and dtscnt64.dll. DTS:X uses these services in order to be working. You can see error reports in Windows Event Viewer.

1) Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware Portable - Free and Full Download

5) Reboot.

11) Head over to DTS other devices drivers download for Windows (32/64bit) (drvhub.net)

14) Reboot and thank me.

• oziozi12

5) Reboot.

14) Reboot and thank me.

• oziozi12

5) Reboot.

14) Reboot and thank me.

• oziozi12

5) Reboot.

14) Reboot and thank me.