Acer F15 TUF error 0X000000e on TUF F15 gaming laptop

GLchippy
GLchippy Member Posts: 6 New User
edited January 2023 in Aspire Laptops
Hi,

I have a brand new Acer F15 TUF gaming laptop -only two weeks old, bought from Amazon. Today I was greeted with a blue screen with 
"Recovery A required device isn't connected or cant be accessed Error code Oxc000000e"
I'm assuming the boot sector has been corrupted, and I haven't found or can't find any recovery media. I went to ACER supprt and requested a recovery drive, but my serial number M5NRCX0******** isn't recognised. I took out the SSD card, and I can see all my files. - is there a way of recovering the drive?

Cheers
[Edited the thread to add model name to the title delete sensitive information]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,329 Trailblazer
    Do you have the one shown below? Or a different ASUS tuf model?

Jack E/NJ

• GLchippy
    Hi, no, my laptop is slightly different. I bought it from Amazon and its specs are:

ASUS TUF Gaming FX506LH 15.6" Full HD 144Hz Gaming Laptop (Intel i5-10300H, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650, 8GB RAM, 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD, Windows 10, 4-Zone RGB Keyboard

I added a further 8GB RAM  soon afer, making a total of 16GB.....

Although I sorted the problem during last night, and managed to get the laptop back into a working state, after a lot of head scratching, I'm now concerned that ACER isn't accepting my serial number on the bottom of the laptop, which is 
    M5NRCX01R24918A, and so therefore cannot get any recovery media, or indeed any drivers etc for this laptop. That's the first issue I need to sort out, as If ACER isn't accepting the serial number, I have no way of obtaining any recovery media, or indeed accessing any drivers in order to rebuild the system....

The whole episode started when I bought a 
    WD Blue 1TB SSD SN550 NVME M.2 2280 Gen3 PCIe WDS100T2B0C solid state drive, as I wanted to clone the existing 500GB storage space into this new drive. However, no matter how I try, using macrium reflect, the result was that it cloned the new drive, showing exactly the same size as the old one, i.e it showed the new drive as 500GB and NOT 1TB. 

It seems that my existing drive (500GB) as multiple hidden partitions, which is as follows = 260GB healthy EFI system partition/ 460GB NTFS Healthy (boot, page file, crash dump, basic data partition/1000 healthy recovery partition/restore 19.50GB NTFS healthy (basic disc partition)/ 200MB healthy ( recovery partition.

Now, how do I clone the old data to the new 1TB drive, so that it shows as a 1TB and not 500GB? and would this process be better done with the 1TB storage medium placed in a enclosure, rather than putting the storage directly in the laptop? ( I have 2 slots for storage, and one slot for a SATA drive, on this particular laptop)

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated, as I just need to transfer the contents of my old 500GB storage space into my new 1TB storage space showing a full 1TB drive and not 500GB. I could then use the old drive as an external drive, using the enclosure I bought!

Thank you guys for any advice given

Graham

• GLchippy
    as an example using macruim reflect on trying to clone a disc.. this is what I need to clone to my new 1TB drive (disk 2 the original, disk 1 the new drive), and as you can see the original drive has many partitions...
    Graham

• GLchippy
    .. and the second image shows the extra blank space which doesn't show when I clone the disk... 

Graham

• GLchippy
    and here's the reason as to why I cannot get any drivers at all for my laptop... If this laptop dies for some reason, I just cannot get drivers!

Graham

• GLchippy
    my error!!! I'd been using the Acer web site instead of ASUS!!!!!!

I think I need a holiday!!

Graham
  • JackE
    Well, they're both 4-letter works that begin with an A. Heh-heh. Try these links instead. Good luck.   :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE

Register and log in to the Lenovo forums for advice at this link.

https://forums.lenovo.com/

Jack E/NJ