Why my Swift 3 Model Name: SF314-59 gets heated everytime I put it on charge?

Hasibul
Hasibul Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
I am using Swift 3 Model Name: SF314-59 very recently. Just started using 3 days ago. But I found whenever I put my pc on charge, it gets very much heated. Specially near the charging pin. Is it usual? Or any particular reason behind it?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    It's not unusual, depending on the actual temperatures. Try running a temperature monitoring program like Core Temp or CPU-Z to see if it's affecting those sensors.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Hasibul
    billsey said:
    It's not unusual, depending on the actual temperatures. Try running a temperature monitoring program like Core Temp or CPU-Z to see if it's affecting those sensors.
    Yes, it does. It goes past 90 degree. Normally it's around 45-70. What should I do now?
  • billsey
    There are three different modes that affect fan speed, Normal, Silent and Performance. The system uses a truth table to set the fan speed based on processor temperature with the speeds different between the three modes. I'm thinking you want to try the highest fan speed for temperature which is Performance mode (4200 RPM max). For comparison, Normal goes to 3800 and Silent only to 3000. I believe you use Fn-F to change modes with your model.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Hasibul
    billsey said:
    There are three different modes that affect fan speed, Normal, Silent and Performance. The system uses a truth table to set the fan speed based on processor temperature with the speeds different between the three modes. I'm thinking you want to try the highest fan speed for temperature which is Performance mode (4200 RPM max). For comparison, Normal goes to 3800 and Silent only to 3000. I believe you use Fn-F to change modes with your model.
    Can't find how to do it? Can you please tell me how can I do it?
  • billsey
    Does the Fn-F not work?
  • Hasibul
    billsey said:
    Does the Fn-F not work?
    OH! Got it, thanks
  • billsey
    Which mode did you end up using?
  • Hasibul
    billsey said:
    Which mode did you end up using?
    I am using the Normal one. As most of the time I put my device on charge after I finished my day's work. So far so good for me.
  • billsey
    Good to know. :)