Has anyone started using Windows 11 on Acer A315-54k?

MduduziGwija
MduduziGwija Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited July 2021 in Windows 11
I just wanna know how well it's running, before I update it.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    >>>I can roll back whenever I want, without losing my stuff right?>>>

That's what Microsoft claimed when folks wanted to test drive Win10 from Win8x. Sometimes it actually worked. But often it actually didn't.  :o   So you could also be the first find out if the rollback claims to Win10 does or doesn't work. Sorry, you get no guarantees on what Microsoft claims. So if I was itchy to try Win11 out --- which I'm not cuz I use a more reliable operating system than Windows--- I'd back up my stuff. Or better yet pull my Win10 drive with all my stuff and put it aside. Then buy and temporarily replace it with a new drive (super cheap these days even SSD cards) to test drive Win11. 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    edited July 2021
    No reports yet. You could be the first if your mainboard has a tpm 2.0 security chip installed. You can find out by trying to install Win11. It will give you an error message if your mainboard does not have a tpm 2 chip

Jack E/NJ

• MduduziGwija
    MduduziGwija Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Oh thank you, I can roll back whenever I want, without losing my stuff right? This is my main machine but for some reason, I really wanna try out Windows 11, and yes I know it has like a million bugs that need fixing
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    >>>I can roll back whenever I want, without losing my stuff right?>>>

That's what Microsoft claimed when folks wanted to test drive Win10 from Win8x. Sometimes it actually worked. But often it actually didn't.  :o   So you could also be the first find out if the rollback claims to Win10 does or doesn't work. Sorry, you get no guarantees on what Microsoft claims. So if I was itchy to try Win11 out --- which I'm not cuz I use a more reliable operating system than Windows--- I'd back up my stuff. Or better yet pull my Win10 drive with all my stuff and put it aside. Then buy and temporarily replace it with a new drive (super cheap these days even SSD cards) to test drive Win11. 

Jack E/NJ