Predator G9-793 This PC can't run

ESScott
ESScott Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2021 in Windows 11
Can the Predator G9-793 run windows 11? It's a fairly recent purchase.

If not, can it be upgraded easily?  The Win 11 update checker was not very helpful.  All I get is "This PC can't run windows 11 - the processor isn't supported."

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    It requires at least 8th Gen Intel CPU to be compatible. You might have to wait for further changes.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    ESScott said:
    Can the Predator G9-793 run windows 11? It's a fairly recent purchase.

If not, can it be upgraded easily?  The Win 11 update checker was not very helpful.  All I get is "This PC can't run windows 11 - the processor isn't supported."
    Hi,
    I have tried installing Win11 in this model, it works but without some features working, I would suggest you stick to Win10 for the time being because of the reason mentioned by @A@AnhEZ28.
  • Smegma11
    Smegma11 Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    The newest acer has all the things neded for Windows 11 but Win 11 is not scheduled to be released until the Holidays so any version you get will be a prelease without everything working.
  • GabrielGeza
    GabrielGeza Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi guys,

the pc health checker identified the cpu indeed, but by running the tpm.msc, i can get v2.0 for TPM. The problem was identified as i ain't got a v2.0, what's the catch?

Thanks for any help,

Geza

ps: hungarian.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    The 7th gen Intel processors don't have TPM 2.0 support, so Windows 11 doesn't fully work on those machines.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.