Camera driver for Acer Aspire E1-510g

m1glena
m1glena Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hello,
Can anyone tell me where i can find this driver. My camera doesn't work and i cant have a video call in skype :(

Best Answer

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    Answer ✓
    m1glena

If the camera is still not working then your computer is not compatible for windows 10.   If you want to use the camera , you need to go back to your old operating system.    There is also another option.   You can purhcase a external usb camera  which is compatible for windows 10 and try to use it on this computer.  

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

Answers

• William_mk2
    edited June 2021
    m1glena

Try windows x 
    go to device manager  ( Alternatively you can press windows + r - type devmgmt.msc on run ) 
    click on camera 
    Expand it 
    Right click - camera - click on uninstall
    restart the computer 

If you are unable to view the camera - click on view on the top - click on show hidden devices
    You will see the camera now 
    Right click - camera - click on uninstall
    restart the computer 

Some times you might have to do a power drain and bios defaults to get the camera back on your computer  

Kindly follow the steps given below..

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and - sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you dont find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed,  flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

If you don’t see a reset pin hole on the back of laptop or if you are not able to remove the battery (if it is inbuilt ) then please unplug all the cables and devices out of laptop.   Hold the power button for 1 minute.   Connect all the cables back and restart the computer.  

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It  will go to bios. Press f9  once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.

If you want to install the camera driver

Go to support.acer.com - chose your country - enter the snid 
    go to drivers
    Install the camera driver. 

Click on start - search - type camera - click on camera on top
    It should be working now.   
    If it is working here, it will automatically work on skype 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• m1glena

Tinkerer

@Acer-William i did what you told me, but i can't find any camera driver in the website, i've searched by snid... 
  • William_mk2
    edited June 2021
    m1glena

When was the last time camera was working on your computer.    What operating system you are using..   Did you tried to upgrade the operating system recently.   You can even search the driver by model no.     Did you tried the power drain and bios defaults.     Are you able to see the camera on device manager .    Are you using a internal which came along with computer or external camera.   Please dont miss any of the steps which was mentioned earlier. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• m1glena

Tinkerer

@Acer-William,

I can see my camera infornt of me, it was working on previous versions of windows. Now i am with windows 10. I've try the power drain and bios default. But i can't see the camera in device manager even when the hiddens are shown. And i've just uppgrade my operating system.. 
  • William_mk2
    edited June 2021
    m1glena

Are you using a inbuilt camera or an external camera which is connected to usb port.    Your computer is not compatible for windows 10 and that is the reason it is not working.   

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• m1glena

Tinkerer

@Acer-William
    I am using internal camera which is build in the laptop.
    Really there is no way to use my camera? 

• William_mk2
    edited June 2021
    m1glena

On the windows 10 computer.. 

click on start - type here to search - type camera
    click on camera on top
    check whether it is working ..

click on start - type here to search - type camera
    click on camera privacy settings on top 
    check - camera access for this is on -   If this is not on - turn it to on 
    Allow apps to access your camera  - to on

If the camera is still not working then your computer is not compatible for windows 10.   If you want to use the camera , you need to go back to your old operating system.    There is also another option.   You can purhcase a external usb camera which is compatible for windows 10 and try to use it on this computer.  

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• m1glena

Tinkerer

Hello @Acer-William,

Thank you for the help and the time you've spend to help with my problem.
    I've turned on the camera access, but when i open the camera app it shows me message for error 0xA00F4244...

• William_mk2
    Answer ✓
    m1glena

If the camera is still not working then your computer is not compatible for windows 10.   If you want to use the camera , you need to go back to your old operating system.    There is also another option.   You can purhcase a external usb camera  which is compatible for windows 10 and try to use it on this computer.  

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★