consequences of resetting windows Nitro 5

redeyedprince
redeyedprince Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Nitro Gaming
I got the Nitro 5 with ryzen preinstalled with DTS X. for some reason, it is not detecting my Galea 350.
I browsed around and thought I might need to uninstall DTS and reinstall it to make it work.
if I do that, how do I retain my license?
and if it doesn't work, I was thinking of resetting the laptop to factory default, will this totally revert to the original condition when I received my laptop the first time? I mean with all the software licenses and drivers intact.
thanks guys

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    redeyedprince

You  can always  do a refresh and reset.   These are steps to do the refresh and reset .. 

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 

or 

on start - type here to search - type reset this pc - click on reset this pc on the top  - click on get started 

It will show you keep my files and remove every thing

chose keep my files 
    chose the account - type the password - click on local reinstall - click on reset 
    It will be in progress.. 
    login to computer and start using the computer. 

If it is still not working 

click on start - settings - update and security - recovery - reset this pc - get started 
    chose remove everything 
    click on local reinstall - just remove my files - click on reset  - It will be in progress

If you do refresh ( keep my files ) -  all your personal files like pictures, music , documents , videos  will still be intact.   Only the applications will be lost 

If you do reset  ( remove everything )  - you are doing a factory default.   It will become like a day one computer.    It will wipe out everything and take your computer to day one like a new computer.  Don't worry about the software licenses and drivers.    Most of the pre-installed applications and drivers will be loaded automatically.    Only the third party applications will be lost and  you have to install it manually by downloading it or by using a disk.    If you have already purchased the software , you can always reinstall it by downloading it or by using the product key ( For example microsoft office.   If you purchase it for a year , even if you reload the windows still you can use it for one complete year.    Drivers are part of your computer.   There is no need to worry about license for the operating system or for the drivers present on your computer.      

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• redeyedprince

Tinkerer

redeyedprince

You  can always  do a refresh and reset.   These are steps to do the refresh and reset .. 

or 

on start - type here to search - type reset this pc - click on reset this pc on the top  - click on get started 

It will show you keep my files and remove every thing

chose keep my files 
    chose the account - type the password - click on local reinstall - click on reset 
    It will be in progress.. 
    login to computer and start using the computer. 

If it is still not working 

chose remove everything 
    click on local reinstall - just remove my files - click on reset  - It will be in progress

If you do refresh ( keep my files ) -  all your personal files like pictures, music , documents , videos  will still be intact.   Only the applications will be lost 

If you do reset  ( remove everything )  - you are doing a factory default.   It will become like a day one computer.    It will wipe out everything and take your computer to day one like a new computer.  Don't worry about the software licenses and drivers.    Most of the pre-installed applications and drivers will be loaded automatically.    Only the third party applications will be lost and  you have to install it manually by downloading it or by using a disk.    If you have already purchased the software , you can always reinstall it by downloading it or by using the product key ( For example microsoft office.   If you purchase it for a year , even if you reload the windows still you can use it for one complete year.    Drivers are part of your computer.   There is no need to worry about license for the operating system or for the drivers present on your computer.      

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

thank you for your answer
    I have another follow up questions:
    1. how about the files in other drives? (I have installed another nvme and a sata ssd)
    2. If I do a refresh (keep my files) does that mean windows registry will not revert to default? and some problems about DTS ultra not loading properly or windows key not working will not be fix?
    3. if after resetting I decide I like the old one better, is it possible to revert to the old version if I create a recovery USB first?
    4. you said 'If you purchase it for a year , even if you reload the windows still you can use it for one complete year.' my windows is supposed to be permanently activated, does this mean doing a reset will turn it into limited time?
  • redeyedprince

Tinkerer

I cloned my machine to VMware and tried the reset there. turned out DTS license were gone, same with office 360. is this what will happen if I reset my machine for real?