How can i fix this error

ZeroPuu
ZeroPuu Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I tried reinstalling windows 10 hoping it would help fix the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. But i acidentally clicked on fully clean the drive. It started to install windows. But then had the same whea uncorrectable error and then restarted my computer. But the bootup just popped up with an error I don’t know how to fix. Everytime i turn on my computer, this error will pop up.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Start over with the ALT+F10 cold boot recovery from the hidden recovery partition. Press and hold power button till machine shuts off. Press and hold the ALT key, then turn the machine on, the immediately start tapping the F10 key while still holding the ALT key. The recovery screen should appear and let you refresh the system while trying to save your personal files if it hasn't already been corrupted the first time you tried it.

If not and an erase everything reset is the only option to make it bootable again, you can still try to recover personal info by temporarily removing the drive and attaching it to another machine with a 2.5" USB-to-HDD/SSD or USB-to-m.2 card adapter (less than $10 from Amazon) and pull the personal files off.

Jack E/NJ

• ZeroPuu

Tinkerer

So can I not reinstall windows? Am i going to need to buy a new computer? Cause I don’t have anything on my computer that I can’t get back. 
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    ZeroPuu

The problem you are facing looks like a software issue.    You can still reinstall windows in three different ways. 

You can purchase a pre-installed windows 10 flash drive.
    You can buy a acer recovery disk or flash drive by contacting the Acer Store. 
    You can also download windows 10 free of cost onto a flash drive by visiting the Microsoft website .

You can download the media creation tool software to download windows 10 onto flash drive by visiting the link 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.  Scroll down.   click on recovery media on the bottom.   Enter the snid and check whether it is available for your model.   Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• JackE
    >>>So can I not reinstall windows? Am i going to need to buy a new computer? Cause I don’t have anything on my computer that I can’t get back.  >>>

Did you try the ALT+F10 cold boot recovery method described earlier? That should re-install the original  ACER factory installed Windows.

Jack E/NJ

• ZeroPuu

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>So can I not reinstall windows? Am i going to need to buy a new computer? Cause I don’t have anything on my computer that I can’t get back.  >>>

Did you try the ALT+F10 cold boot recovery method described earlier? That should re-install the original  ACER factory installed Windows.
    Whatever I try, It just brings up the same error prompt.
  • ZeroPuu

Tinkerer

Good news is that it goes through the windows installation. Bad news, it crashes with the same whea uncorrectable error every 2 minutes
  • JackE
    Your HDD or SSD seems to be failing. What is your full ACER model number?

Jack E/NJ

• ZeroPuu

Tinkerer

My model number is N17C4
  • JackE
    Tap F2 key on startup to enter the BIOS menu. What HDD0 or HDD1 model number is shown in the BIOS Information tab?

Jack E/NJ

• ZeroPuu

Tinkerer

Liteon CV3-CE256
  • JackE
    Which SATA mode is shown in the BIOS Information or Main tab? A phone photo of both tabs would be helpful.

Jack E/NJ

• ZeroPuu

Tinkerer

edited June 2021
    The SATA mode is AHCI

//Edited the content to hide sensitive information.​
  • JackE
    >>>Good news is that it goes through the windows installation. Bad news, it crashes with the same whea uncorrectable error every 2 minutes >>>

Did you use the ALT+F10 cold boot ACER erase everything Win10 installation method or did you use the Microsoft Win10 USB pendrive installation method?

Jack E/NJ

• ZeroPuu

Tinkerer

So I just installed windows back with the Windows 10 USB method, but it crashed sometimes whenever it were in the installation process. After the windows got installed, I started to install drivers and games. If I play any games intense, the windows will crash.
  • JackE
    (1) So does this now mean that you still have never tried the ALT+F10 method of re-installing the ACER factory fresh Win10 version?

(2) And does this also mean that it only crashes and gives this error under intense gaming loads?

Jack E/NJ

• ZeroPuu

Tinkerer

1) Haven't tried the ALT+F10 method

2) Yes it only crashes when I play a game.
  • JackE
    >>>Yes it only crashes when I play a game. >>>

Then why did you say this in your first post? >>>Everytime i turn on my computer, this error will pop up.>>>

Please explain. Your answer can change the diagnosis significantly.

Jack E/NJ

• ZeroPuu

Tinkerer

That was before I installed Windows 10 with a flash drive. 

I used this website >https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10 < to download windows onto a flashdrive.
  • JackE
    >>>>>>Yes it only crashes when I play a game. >>>

I asked you if it  crashes AND gives this error under intense gaming loads. Is this error the same error (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR) you mentioned in your first post or some other error or no error?

Jack E/NJ

• ZeroPuu

Tinkerer

I think the error is fixed now.