Stuck on Acer boot screen with either “Preparing Automatic Repair”

Acetones
Acetones Member Posts: 4 New User
The screen may also show just the loading circle or nothing but the logo. I haven’t done anything different lately that would’ve caused this. Though, windows did give me an automatic repair for my D drive but if that failed I don’t see why that would give me this infinite loading. 

I have managed to get in a couple times by luck I guess and many applications weren’t opening, a lot not responding and when you tried to end the task nothing would happen. Task manager and another application like that also stopped responding and wouldn’t end either.

I’ve checked if it was my ram and it didn’t seem to be either of my sticks because no matter the configuration I had the same result. 

I’m not sure what further action I can take from here.

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    Acetones

My goal is help you to get into repair mode where you can get the Troubleshoot, continue, chose an device, advanced options.    We can try the repair mode options to fix the problem. 

Kindly follow the steps given below..

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and - sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you dont find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed,  flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It  will go to bios. Press f9  once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.   If the computer is still not working,  turn off the computer.    Hold the alt key ( left side of space bar )  on the keyboard, turn on the computer and tap f10 continuously to get into repair mode where you can see Troubleshoot, continue, chose an device, advanced options.    If it is still not working, turn off the computer.   While holding the alt gr  or alt car on the bottom right corner of keyboard , turn on the computer and tap f10 continuously.    Keep holding the alt gr or alt car till you get the repair mode options.  If the computer is still not working, we need to do a hard reset to get into repair mode.    Turn on the computer.   When you see the acer logo wait for few seconds and turn off the computer.    You need repeat the steps 6 to 7 times.     On the 8th time when you try to start the computer, it will say please wait chose an option where we can try repair options.  

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! 

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Acetones
    Acetones Member Posts: 4 New User
    Acetones

My goal is help you to get into repair mode where you can get the Troubleshoot, continue, chose an device, advanced options.    We can try the repair mode options to fix the problem. 

Kindly follow the steps given below..

Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices or any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, you can find a  pin hole. It is a tiny hole. You can a find a battery symbol indicator next to the hole. It is like a + and - sign symbol as though somebody is trying to shift the battery out. Insert the pin on to the hole for 30 seconds. Remove the pin. Flip the laptop. Connect the charger cable, turn on the computer.  Only on laptops where the battery is inbuilt you can find the battery reset hole on the back of laptop.

If you dont find a pin hole on the back of laptop then you might be using removable battery. There is no need to unscrew anything to remove the battery.  Turn off the laptop. Disconnect or unplug  the charger cable, devices and any other cables connected to your laptop. Close your laptop. Turn it upside down.  On the bottom of the laptop, please look at the top or bottom depending on the way you look at it. You can find a long door. It is a battery removable door.  Just below that you can find a latch.  If you move the latch you can remove the battery door. Once the battery is removed,  flip the laptop. Open the top cover, press and hold the power button for 1 minute. Connect the battery back on the back of computer. Connect the charger cable back and then turn on the computer. 

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It  will go to bios. Press f9  once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear.  Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.   If the computer is still not working,  turn off the computer.    Hold the alt key ( left side of space bar )  on the keyboard, turn on the computer and tap f10 continuously to get into repair mode where you can see Troubleshoot, continue, chose an device, advanced options.    If it is still not working, turn off the computer.   While holding the alt gr  or alt car on the bottom right corner of keyboard , turn on the computer and tap f10 continuously.    Keep holding the alt gr or alt car till you get the repair mode options.  If the computer is still not working, we need to do a hard reset to get into repair mode.    Turn on the computer.   When you see the acer logo wait for few seconds and turn off the computer.    You need repeat the steps 6 to 7 times.     On the 8th time when you try to start the computer, it will say please wait chose an option where we can try repair options.  

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful! 

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

These didn’t fix my problem, but uninstalling the hard drive from my laptop did. I’m still very confused as to why this wouldn’t let me go past the acer screen?

When I tried the fixes above, BIOS or any other menu wouldn’t even show up, but after I removed the hard drive windows booted up normally.