Issue with Geforce experience in RTX 3060 Laptop GPU. PH315-53

Aurbii
Aurbii Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited May 2021 in Predator Laptops
Bought a new Predator Helios 300 PH315-53 having 6GB RTX 3060,  i7 10th Gen, 16 GB RAM etc. In the geforce experience , the whisper mode option is greyed out with the option Enabled by notebook (attached screenshot). Im unable to disable it. Because of this , my fps is being capped to 40 in modern warfare. when i dont install the GEFORCE experience, im getting around 85 to 98 fps in high settings. Any solution for this? would like to have GEFORCE EXPERIENCE to record the highlights. i was getting around 70 fps in my old MSI laptop with GTX 1060. i have tried the following options:
1. Reset the PC deleting all USER data (as per chat with acer customer care).
2. used DDU to perform clean install of GPU drivers(As per chat with NVIDIA Customer Care).
3. Tried disabling Game overlay, battery boost etc. still fps capped at 40.
4. Tried disabling XBOX services

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    edited May 2021
    You can try to go to Nvidia Control Panel, Manage 3D setting. In Global Setting tab, try to find whisper mode. Check if you can set the FPS to unlimited or performance setting.
    6 Ways To Fix Laptop FPS Drop When Plugged In - Gamespec
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Aurbii
    Hi, I dont even see that option  "WhisperMode" in my Nvidia control panel.

• Pulkitjanu
    Pulkitjanu Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am also facing the same issue purchased acer predator helios 300 just 5 days back and not getting good frames , if any one has a solution please help.
  • Is this option enabled?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Aurbii
    @egydiocoelho : We dont even have that option in our geforce experience.
  • Check which version of the driver is installed:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Aurbii
    I have installed the game ready drivers.. Having issue with geforce experience. when i uninstall it, i am getting around 95 to 100 fps.
  • Have you verified that the acer website is providing a new bios version and a new firmware for the video card?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aurbii
    Everything is updated to the latest version. having bios 2.02 version installed. VGA drivers also updated to latest version.

• But did you update the video card firmware?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aurbii
    Nope.. i didnot update any video card firmware. ie, i am not sure how to do it, so i didnt try that.

• Aurbii
    i saw a new bios update for nvidia in acer driver website for my device, but when i tried to install that, it failed with the below message:

Fail: This tool does NOT support this project.(SSID:0x14421025)

• In this case, the firmware must be for a different video card. For this reason, you will not be able to update the firmware.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ghost08
    ghost08 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello, even I am getting very low FPS in rainbow six siege with the rtx3060 graphics. My friend with 1650ti predator model is getting better fps than me. Pls help
  • KevalM
    KevalM Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited June 2021
    Aurbii said:
    i saw a new bios update for nvidia in acer driver website for my device, but when i tried to install that, it failed with the below message:

Fail: This tool does NOT support this project.(SSID:0x14421025)

i am getting the same issue that you are. not being able to turn on whisper mode and also not being to update the vbios if you get any solutions please reply 

• Aurbii
    edited June 2021
    @KevalM I have updated my vbios with this attached zip file.. this one worked for me .. it increased the TGP from 100w to 105w for my RTX 3060. but i still have the issue with whispermode 2.0.

This firmware was released in acer drivers and downloads section during may last week, but then they released another one on june 4th. The zip ive attached here is the one they released on may.
  • Aurbii
    Hi @ghost08 it looks like Windows issue. i played Valorant and apex, both gave me constant 130+ fps.But i have issue with COD Warzone. sometimes my fps gets capped at around 45 to 50 , but once i restart the laptop, i get around 80+. for the Whisper mode issue, I tried creating new local user account and whispermode 2.0 was working fine in that until i restarted the PC.
  • KevalM
    KevalM Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited June 2021
    Aurbii said:
    @KevalM I have updated my vbios with this attached zip file.. this one worked for me .. it increased the TGP from 100w to 105w for my RTX 3060. but i still have the issue with whispermode 2.0.

This firmware was released in acer drivers and downloads section during may last week, but then they released another one on june 4th. The zip ive attached here is the one they released on may.
    bro thank you so much i have been finding solution for a day now. 
    and for the whisper mode i cant help you cuz i also cant turn it on.

• Acer has released two firmware files for the nvidia graphics card. Does the other file update the firmware?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aurbii
    Acer has released two firmware files for the nvidia graphics card. Does the other file update the firmware?

Yep the other one updated the firmware, but still the whispermode issue isnt fixed.