Swift SF314-59 / 6 Months Old - Battery Life reduced Significantly - Full charge lasts 3-4 hours

MrinalUpadhyay
MrinalUpadhyay Member Posts: 3 New User
I purchased the Swift SF314-59 laptop last year December 2021. While on the website it said the battery life is 13 hours, I have never got that life from a single charge. Recently my battery levels have gone down significantly. I charge 100 and the laptop drains out under 3-5 hours. Even if I charge my laptop 100% and shut it down when I start it again the next day the battery is already 50%-60% without any usage.
I ran the battery calibration and also reset it from the bottom pinhole but the conditions remain the same. The laptop heats pretty significantly.
Any solutions or acer laptop sucks in battery department

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi MrinalUpadhyay,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.
    Update Battery Drivers in Windows EASILY - Driver Easy
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Have you added any apps recently? There can often be big changes to battery life depending on what's running. What are you using for an antivirus? If it's not Windows Defender is it activated and current? IIRC yours came with a six month trial of Norton or McAfee...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MrinalUpadhyay
    no mate. i dont use any anti virus. ALso the machine is used for coding purpose only. No apps etc installed.
  • MrinalUpadhyay
    Easwar said:
    Hi MrinalUpadhyay,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.
    Update Battery Drivers in Windows EASILY - Driver Easy
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
    mate the service centre guy said the same. did it yesterday. let me check it for a day or 2. don't see the machine doing 8-10 hours still. barely 3-5 hours is what it can acheive.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    If you are using it for coding, then you have compilers and editors installed. Which ones? Are you working with VMs or is everything native?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.