Ram Slot Issues AN515-55.

NewGoldenPro
NewGoldenPro Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 2021 in Nitro Gaming
I was going to upgrade my ram from 8 to 16, and the black ram of stick was the new one and it fits the original ram stick slot (the one I took out). I did that because the second slot to add your second ram in doesn’t/won’t let me fit another ram stick in it, it’s like something is blocking it, and I noticed that there is a black covering on the second slot, and I checked to see if either the original or the new one can fit into the slot. (The new ram stick is the same specs as the first one). Please Help!

Best Answer

• NewGoldenPro
    Answer ✓
    Hey, sorry about everything but the reason why the ram wasn’t going in was because I wasn’t pressing hard enough + doing it sideway (from my perspective), but it’s just kinda weird that there was a black plastic covering on the second one, which kinda threw me off on thinking that it was like blocking it or something, my model was AN515-55.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,083 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, like ANxxx-xx, the model names& part numbers on the label of both RAM modules.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi NewGoldenPro,

Check in the case is there any stuck.
  • NewGoldenPro
    Answer ✓
    Hey, sorry about everything but the reason why the ram wasn’t going in was because I wasn’t pressing hard enough + doing it sideway (from my perspective), but it’s just kinda weird that there was a black plastic covering on the second one, which kinda threw me off on thinking that it was like blocking it or something, my model was AN515-55.