i have been having a weird display glitch (acer predator helios 300 PH315-53

coolmanreebro
coolmanreebro Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Predator Laptops
i have been having this weird display glitch where the pixels distort a little in some applications, not sure if it is the monitor or the laptop because i have tried two monitors and it still happens.
examples: 
it also happens with some games, the only one i could spot was BeamNG drive though.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• coolmanreebro

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    I fixed it, all i had to do was go into nvidia control panel and reset the 3d settings.

Answers

• what is the exact model? example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • coolmanreebro

Tinkerer

it is a:   PH315-53
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi coolmanreebro,

Are you getting the same glitch screen in the BIOS page.
  • coolmanreebro

Tinkerer

i have not checked the BIOS page yet, should I?
  • coolmanreebro

Tinkerer

Ok i have just looked at the bios page and there is no sign of the glitch.
  • Easwar
    Hi coolmanreebro,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • coolmanreebro

Tinkerer

i have gotten to the bios page 
  • coolmanreebro

Tinkerer

Ok so i have done the things you have said and it has not changed anything.
    i am also now getting the glitch in GLQuake(1997) but only for the ui at the bottom.
  • Easwar
    Hi coolmanreebro,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.

• coolmanreebro

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    I fixed it, all i had to do was go into nvidia control panel and reset the 3d settings.
  • @coolmanreebroWas the problem really resolved?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • coolmanreebro

Tinkerer

yes it was
  • But did you update the video card firmware?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Easwar
    Hi coolmanreebro,

Good to know thanks for your information. It will be useful for many people. ​