Acer Nitro 7 AN715-51 not starting issue

Anthony3231
Anthony3231 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 2021 in Nitro Gaming
My Nitro 7 has an issue where it won't start.  When pressing the power button, the LED for the battery stays lit until the LED for the Keyboard lights up as if the laptop would start, when pressing the power button, but then both LED's go off and stay off until the power button is pressed again, the led for the keyboard backlight doesn't always light up when pressing the power button, and the laptop refuses to start.  can anyone help me with this issue, if not get it resolved at least help me figure out what is causing it?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,078 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, like AN7xx-xx, in the meantime, disconnect from mains, press Power button for 12Secs, leave the laptop to rest for 15Mins, reconnect AC adaptor and fully charge the battery and see whether it helps.
  • Anthony3231
    AN715-51-752B I7 processor 512 gb storage GTX1650 graphics, and no the resting/ ac full charge and reset do not fix it, I assume it's hardware related, I am wondering if it could be screen detection, or if its motherboard, those are my guesses
  • Anthony3231
    Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, like AN7xx-xx, in the meantime, disconnect from mains, press Power button for 12Secs, leave the laptop to rest for 15Mins, reconnect AC adaptor and fully charge the battery and see whether it helps.
    AN715-51-752B I7 processor 512 gb storage GTX1650 graphics, and no the resting/ ac full charge and reset do not fix it, I assume it's hardware related, I am wondering if it could be screen detection, or if its motherboard, those are my guesses

• Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,274 Community Administrator
    Hello  @Anthony3231

I am sorry you are having issues with your unit, if it still under warranty we recommend the contact with your local support, for further assistance.

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Anthony3231,

Try to do power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds.