My hdd making weak screeching(actually cant determine what type of sound) and other problems

AkshayAnithan
AkshayAnithan Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Its been few days that I started to hear some weird noises from the keyboard part ...which I believe is from the HDD...also the transfer speed while copying also has become uncertain..like at one point its 140Mbps then it suddenly drops to some Kbps or bytes....Is my HDD facing some problem ...its a brand new laptop bought just few months ago...and this is the first time I am facing problems...can anyone please help...
Is my HDD failing....should I SMART test it...if yes..how to test HDD to determine if its failing...??

Answers

• Can you check hard drive health with crystaldiskinfo program?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AkshayAnithan

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho said:
    Can you check hard drive health with crystaldiskinfo program?
    I installed crystaldiskinfo and it is showing hard disk health status as caution..should I post the test results here...
  • Can you send a screenshot?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AkshayAnithan

Tinkerer

I have attached the test results....
    Here are the ss:

• AkshayAnithan

Tinkerer

edited June 2021
     what should i do ...my laptop's in the warranty period ..so will I get a hdd replacement for free..?(if replacement is necessary.!)
    @egydiocoelho
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi AkshayAnithan,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• AkshayAnithan

Tinkerer

edited June 2021
    @Easwar

Acer Nitro 5 Intel Core i5-9300H 15.6-inch Full HD 1920 x 1080 Display Thin and Light Gaming Laptop (8GB/1TB+256GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/GTX 1650 Graphics/Obsidian Black/2.3 kgs),AN515-54.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    Reallocated sectors count is yellow meaning that the HDD is failing. You can it replaced for free if the laptop is still under warranty.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • AkshayAnithan

Tinkerer

Oh...thank you all for the help..!