New Ram wont start Helios 300 G3-572

He_Ng
He_Ng Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited June 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hello,

I have a Helios 300 G3-572. I bought 2 new ram of Kingston HyperX 16gb 3200mhz, and tried to install it. Laptop wont boot, just stuck at black screen. Ocassionally it will boot, but only yo a certain screen, attached photo.

I have tried installing just one, doesnt work. But when I installing with one of my old ram, crucial 8gb 2666mhz, both in slot 1 and 2. Works perfectly fine. Shown in cpu-z and task manager.

I had the same problem when i bought 2 x Team 16gb 3200mhz ram. I tried updating bios, driver and windows to no avail. Why? Anyone can help? 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• He_Ng
    He_Ng Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Idk but i couldnt post photo, but essentially its just stuck at a screen where there is a predator logo. Normally it display a loading icon at the bottom and windows start, but this is without it.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi He_Ng,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • geekromi
    geekromi Member Posts: 144 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    He_Ng said:
    Hello,

I have a Helios 300 G3-572. I bought 2 new ram of Kingston HyperX 16gb 3200mhz, and tried to install it. Laptop wont boot, just stuck at black screen. Ocassionally it will boot, but only yo a certain screen, attached photo.

I have tried installing just one, doesnt work. But when I installing with one of my old ram, crucial 8gb 2666mhz, both in slot 1 and 2. Works perfectly fine. Shown in cpu-z and task manager.

I had the same problem when i bought 2 x Team 16gb 3200mhz ram. I tried updating bios, driver and windows to no avail. Why? Anyone can help? 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Hi, in my opinion, I don't think  that 3200 Mhz ram modules are supported by the helios 300  G3-572, that officially, only supports 2400 Mhz ram : it still can work with 2666Mhz ones ( wich are the one equipping my g3-572  just out of the box)  did you ever found out that 3200Mhz were supported?...
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi He_Ng,

Is there any update.