Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53 - Covering Keyboard causes any problems?

ShangWang
ShangWang Member Posts: 186 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
Hi all,
I broke some keycaps on my Acer Nitro 5 a few months back so I switched to using an external keyboard. Seeing the broken keycaps bothers me so I cover my laptop keyboard with a hyper x mesh bag: Genuine Kingston HyperX Alloy Keyboard Carrying Case Bag Lightly Used Carry Case | eBay

Can covering the keyboard with this bag cause any heating problems/static or is it ok to cover it while it's on?

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    I used a thin microfiber cloth for preventing dust on the keyboard. It doesn't have any difference. Make sure that you have something that can raise the bottom of the laptop for better airflow.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Fazter
    Fazter Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

No problem, all of those airflows are from bottom to the back area.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    In general, it is not a good idea to use any kind of cover when the system is on - the vents may be on the side, but heat does dissipate through the body, esp areas around function keys on top.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • ShangWang
    edited June 2021
    sri369 said:
    In general, it is not a good idea to use any kind of cover when the system is on - the vents may be on the side, but heat does dissipate through the body, esp areas around function keys on top.
    I checked temperatures, it made almost no difference. Can it cause any problems other than ventilation?
  • sri369
    ShangWang said:
    sri369 said:
    I checked temperatures, it made almost no difference. Can it cause any problems other than ventilation?
    Nothing else I can think of. Just be mindful of heat. And how are you testing for heat? Are you loading properly and sustained to take the reading?
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045
  • ShangWang
    sri369 said:
    ShangWang said:
    sri369 said:
    Nothing else I can think of. Just be mindful of heat. And how are you testing for heat? Are you loading properly and sustained to take the reading?
    I use throttlestop and nitrosense bench marking on cinebench, I don't really care about temperatures at the moment I was just wondering if it would cause any other problems.
  • sri369
    ShangWang said:
    sri369 said:
    ShangWang said:
    sri369 said:
    I use throttlestop and nitrosense bench marking on cinebench, I don't really care about temperatures at the moment I was just wondering if it would cause any other problems.
    None, outside of heat.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ---------