Is this normal temperatures for Acer Predator Helios 300 (2020)

T1m3M4ch1n3
T1m3M4ch1n3 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2020 in Predator Laptops
So I've got 3 days ago my new Acer predator helios 300 (2020 model) i7-10750H & 2060 RTX .. i feel something wrong with the temperatures so when i do nothing just opening predator sense it goes between 50-70 and when gaming it's 85-95 with cooling fans which makes the keyboard and the laptop body pretty hot.

When i disable turbo boost the cpu temp while gaming goes between 60-70 which is cool but i don't want to sacrifice the cpu performance.

I knew that is not undervolted so i did it myself and decreased the cpu -80.1mV which made it on normal usage below 65 but when gaming just below 93

So i made a gaming profile to lower cpu max to 3 GHz while gaming and the temps are below 70

My inquiry is .. are these all temperatures are normal? Or there's a thermal paste problem? As i said It's a new laptop so i can replace it or something 

Answers

• KaamE
    KaamE Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same model as you. When play mafia definitive edition my cpu temps reached to 95 and it thermal throttled. I want to know how did you limit your CPU to 3Ghz and did it work?
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,073 Pathfinder
    edited October 2020
    @T1m3M4ch1n3
    Some laptops comes with bad thermal paste

You can return and replace this laptop 

windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Bosreef
    Bosreef Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    KaamE said:
    I have the same model as you. When play mafia definitive edition my cpu temps reached to 95 and it thermal throttled. I want to know how did you limit your CPU to 3Ghz and did it work?

Set your turbo throttle limits via throttle stop
  • amnesixa
    amnesixa Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2020
    So I've got 3 days ago my new Acer predator helios 300 (2020 model) i7-10750H & 2060 RTX .. i feel something wrong with the temperatures so when i do nothing just opening predator sense it goes between 50-70 and when gaming it's 85-95 with cooling fans which makes the keyboard and the laptop body pretty hot.

When i disable turbo boost the cpu temp while gaming goes between 60-70 which is cool but i don't want to sacrifice the cpu performance.

I knew that is not undervolted so i did it myself and decreased the cpu -80.1mV which made it on normal usage below 65 but when gaming just below 93

So i made a gaming profile to lower cpu max to 3 GHz while gaming and the temps are below 70

My inquiry is .. are these all temperatures are normal? Or there's a thermal paste problem? As i said It's a new laptop so i can replace it or something 
    i bought the 2020 version with the i7 10750H/rtx 2070 mq and i have exatly simmilar temps as yours, all i did is reduced the turbo limit to 4.2 ghz with 1 core active and adjacently decreasing the limits to 3.1 ghz at 6 cores active(no undervolt). Now my cpu idles at 40-50C and averages 80C while gaming.

however i think the temperatures are normal since the new 10th gen processor comes without undervolt out of the box and turbos upto 5ghz 

Also the new PredatorSense seems to be consuming a huge amount cpu usage contributing in the temperature(ive seen the frequency go up to 4.8 ghz while monitoring) hope acer fixes this soon.

i would later consider repasting with a with some good quality paste after the warranty goes off to improve life

HAPPY GAMING!
  • Nitin_
    Nitin_ Member Posts: 4 New User
    amnesixa said:

i bought the 2020 version with the i7 10750H/rtx 2070 mq and i have exatly simmilar temps as yours, all i did is reduced the turbo limit to 4.2 ghz with 1 core active and adjacently decreasing the limits to 3.1 ghz at 6 cores active(no undervolt). Now my cpu idles at 40-50C and averages 80C while gaming.

however i think the temperatures are normal since the new 10th gen processor comes without undervolt out of the box and turbos upto 5ghz 

Also the new PredatorSense seems to be consuming a huge amount cpu usage contributing in the temperature(ive seen the frequency go up to 4.8 ghz while monitoring) hope acer fixes this soon.

i would later consider repasting with a with some good quality paste after the warranty goes off to improve life

HAPPY GAMING!
    Hey, could you guide me how to all this? I'm having an i5, rtx 2060, 2020 version of the Helios and I'm facing the same issue. The temps while gaming go as high as 92°. However when the cpu is idle the temps are in the normal 45-50 range.
  • Rahul0712
    Rahul0712 Member Posts: 3 New User
    amnesixa said:

HAPPY GAMING!
    How did you limit your CPU Frequencies ?
  • shan243
    shan243 Member Posts: 2 New User
    It's normal for me, I have a 2020 i7 with 2070. I haven't taken it apart to confirm, but I think the GPU memory is using the deck as a heat sink. At least they spared us a hot WASD!

For limiting the CPU, look up ThrottleStop.

The PredatorSense does fine for tuning the GPU. If you want to detune it, MSI Afterburner can do it but PredatorSense will overwrite it every time you do/trigger a profile switch.