No bootable media? aspire 7, A715-75G-796G

Dyn0might
Dyn0might Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi i have a Acer aspire 7, A715-75G-796G
i7, 9th gen. 512 ssd and 4gb Nvidia. 
Yesterday I tried to switch it on in the morning and after displacing the startup acer logo it just showed "NO BOOTABLE MEDIA"
The laptop is barely 6 months old. 
Pls what should I do? 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi @Dyn0might

The error message "No Bootable Media" or "No Bootable Device", is related to HDD/SSD which contains the OS. At first, you can try resetting the BIOS to default. To get instructions in doing it, click here.  Post back the result. 

Regards, 
    Balatekie

:) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• Dyn0might

Tinkerer

I tried to reset the bios. It still shows no media.

What do I do next. 
  • Can you send a photo of the bios information tab?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Dyn0might,

Is you HDD is showing in the BIOS information page.
  • Dyn0might

Tinkerer

Easwar said:
    Hi Dyn0might,

No it does not. 
  • Dyn0might

Tinkerer

Can you send a photo of the bios information tab?

Dyn0might said:
    Easwar said:
    Hi Dyn0might,

No it does not. 
    It shows the ssd serial number, but it does not show up in the boot priority. 
  • Can you send a photo of the bios information tab?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Hi Dyn0might,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • Dyn0might

Tinkerer

edited May 2021

Find attached the bios information page

//Edited the content to hide sensitive information.
  • Dyn0might

Tinkerer

edited May 2021

Dyn0might said:

Find attached the bios information page
    It shows no ssd in the boot order

//Edited the content to hide sensitive information.
  • The ssd is being recognized by the bios. What happens when you press f9 to restore the bios and then f10 to save and exit?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Easwar
    Hi Dyn0might,

Try to do power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds. ​