Why wont computer star after installing new RAM ?Acer Aspire AXC-704G-UW61

Acer Aspire AXC-704G-UW61 When I install new RAM in second slot computer will not start. Checked both RAM in each slot both work but not in second slot. 

Answers

• CompuTech1
    CompuTech1 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Both RAMs have to be the same brand.  You cannot mix.  Max 8GB. 
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Bobwilson1462

It is a common problem that people mixing different types of memory sticks resulted in the PC won't start.
    From the photo, I can see the top stick is DDR3L memory.  I do not know the spec of the bottom RAM stick without using all that numbers to search for more details. 

RAM sticks need not be from the same manufacturer, but you should match the spec. In your case, the bottom stick better be PC3L (DDR3L)-12800 (1,600 MHz) to match the top one. You should have idea what memory stick that you bought.
    Hopefully the bottom stick is not a DDR3 memory, because DDR3 and DDR3L memory sticks use different voltages. DDR3 memory used in DDR3L slot just don't get enough voltage to boot.

If you feel you have the right stick, then try only insert the new stick to the original RAM stick slot to see if the PC will boot. If not, you probably get a defective one.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    Acer Aspire AXC-704G-UW61 When I install new RAM in second slot computer will not start. Checked both RAM in each slot both work but not in second slot. 
    This is the OEM memory specs of the Aspire AXC-704G-UW6 modules that it takes ;
    • Number of DIMM slot - 2
    • Maximum memory - 8GB (using two 4GB modules)
    • Data rate - 1600/1333/1066 MT/s
    •  DIMM type DDR3L - 1.35V SoDIMM's
    • Supported capacities - 2GB or 4GB
    • Vendor and models OEM - HYNIX – 4GB HMT451S6BFR8A-PB  or KINGSTON – 2GB ACR16D3LFS1KBG (you can put other manufacturers as long as its the same specs)
    • Population rule table;

The top memory module (in your picture) is a 1.2V Kingston memory which is the recommended memory for the Aspire AXC-704G-UW6, the bottom Kingston memory module is a 4GB, 1333MHz, DDR3-1333 PC3-10600, 204p SODIMM, 1.5v which does not work with your Aspire AXC-704G-UW61 its not compatible to work mixed with the 1.2V memory, they have to be the same speed/timing and voltage of 1.2V but can be from different manufacturer (but preferably from the same manufacturer) for your memory to work properly and also to work in "dual channel".  Put the same memory module as the top pictured Kingston 4GB 2Rx8 PC3L-12800S-11-11-F3 - ACR16D3LS1NGG/4G as that will give you a total of 8GB memory and it will work in "Dual Channel". Next time get CPUz and look in its "Memory" and "SPD" sections for the exact specs of your OEM memory and match that if you want to increase the memory of your laptop.